satellite dish ?

May 9, 2015
Visit site
hi could anyone tell me if the little satellite dishes that i see around some sites are any good ? i bought a large dish ,,when i was going to be working in northern Scotland and worked fine but it is a pain to carry around ,could anybody recommend a small one? i have the tripod and receiver box just would like one less bulky ,,thanks

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I take a small dish when I am in England, as long as you get a clear view to the satelite you will have no problems. You can download an app called dish align on to your phone and this will help you find the satelite. You then just need to tweak the dish a bit.

Les

May 9, 2015
Visit site
thanks ,,what make do you have ,,was thinking about one of those flat ones ,,but not sure if they work as well and they seem to be more expensive ? rob

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
hi Rob
I have used a sky dish all over the country with no problem.We used the same dish in France and Spanish border until a couple of years ago when they decided to move the Satellite footprint so can now only use it half way down France.When we were in Spain over Christmas and New Year we coupled up to next doors 1.2 m dish and got all the main T,V stations and radio stations.

Volvo xc60 r_design Coachman 565

May 9, 2015
Visit site
hi interesting i have a 80ml dish at the moment but can hardly get it under the bed when not using it god knows what a1,2 meter one would be like to lug about ? might try a sky dish bit smaller than this one ,,

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
traficman said:
When we were in Spain over Christmas and New Year we coupled up to next doors 1.2 m dish and got all the main T,V stations and radio stations.

That was pretty good going. Where we were (near Montril) people needed at least 1.8m dish to get free-to-air UK TV. In fact the site WiFi was so good we could stream FilmOn most of the time and radio was never a problem. (Sadly FilmOn has now priced itself out as far as I am concerned.....but there are alternatives!).

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
robf1234 said:
thanks ,,what make do you have ,,was thinking about one of those flat ones ,,but not sure if they work as well and they seem to be more expensive ? rob
Hi Rob,
The "flat" one you are referring to is probably a Quicksat, (http://www.quicksatuk.com/) I have one & quite frankly its the quickest & easiest satellite dish I've ever used, from unpacking & assembling the kit to watching satellite TV is around 2 minutes! the trickiest bit is finding the correct elevation for your location, but with any of the satellite finding apps on your smart phone (such as satFinder or Easy Satellite Finder) finding the correct elevation to .1 of a degree is a doddle!

Would I go back to either my UK (Sky type oval) sat dish or the 65cm dish, NO because they are a complete pain in the backside to set the correct elevation, unless of course you have a £350.00 plus professional satellite finder, the kind satellite dish fitters use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts