Satellite Dish

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I want to install a satellite dish on my motorhome or have one installed by a reputable company. My dilemma is which one to chose. I have pretty much decided on and automatic one with electronically adjustable skew on the LNB. So I have looked at the Maxview Seeker 85cm or even the Oyster Vision 3 etc. and need no more than a single LNB, So I am open to recommendation by any one that has any advice to give.

Feb 18, 2004
Visit site
It depends where you live but we had a Mecatronic 85cms with single LNB fitted to our Bailey motorhome last year by Road Pro in Daventry. They made a very good job of it as well. No pressure to buy just lots of good advice.
David
SatelliteDishOpen.jpg

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
One disadvantage of a dish, is that it will move in high winds, and you will loose your fix. A dome does not have this problem, but does add height to van! We have a dome, had it for 8 years, and no problems , only thing is you need to be careful of trees/buildings in line of site

Dec 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking about this as well, but the extra expense doesn't seem worth it it. I think we will go down the route of a tripod and 80cm dish, and if I can't find the satelite I'll go out for a beer or read a book

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
We had one of those first. Difficult to find sat, still moves in the wind, have to find space to carry it in van, not worth the effort unless staying put for a while. With the dome we can just get parked up switch on the Tv , it finds the sat, and away you go!! We even get sufficient programs in Spain. News etc, and when we want to watch the F1 (which is why we have a TV ) we use the german stations,, can also get sport on german channel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts