satellite dishes

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
hi does anybody take a sat dish with them when they go away? if so are they any good, and how much are they for the budget range.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Search the post and you will find the answer is yes, and also you will find a lot of tips.

www.sateliteforcaravans.co.uk should answer most questions.

As posted before, if you are in no hurry and go to France, French hypermarkets sell satelite box and dish kits for under

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look on

http//:homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan

And also on UKCS website do a search for Satellite TV in the van ,there is A LOT there

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look on

http//:homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan

And also on UKCS website do a search for Satellite TV in the van ,there is A LOT there
Just tried the copy and paste and it should be /d.sullivan at the end(not de)

May 12, 2005
Visit site
have a look in www.towsure.com they have three systems available

personaly I have used the large dish on tripod with a lot of success both on the med and in england, but the cheapest way to go might be a domestic dish, I`ve seen these mounted on the jockey wheel and working well, this was in northern france, although you will prob need a bigger dish to go farther south,

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I found an extending lightweight aluminium mast that clamps to an outside handle of the caravan at a caravan accessory shop and attach a cheap domestic dish to that. As the mast extends to well over the height of the caravan, the system can be used through a full 360

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I too have an aluminium extending pole that I made fron 2 different sizes of aluminium aerial pole and a multi fit plastic plumbing fitting.

I remove the jockey wheel and put the pole in the clamp.I still find on some pitches that a small tripod is needed to avoid trees etc but if the van is pointing SSE then I can get away with just using the jockey wheel .

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone tried the 'suction-type' dish which can be placed on the roof of the caravan(obviously not when travelling!)? Are they any good? We already have a box, so just need to accessories.

DMT

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 4ft scaffold pole which goes in place of the jockey wheel, a satelite dish the sky fitter gave me and I take my sky box from home,it works great and while away you can get your local news.its easy to set up, it usually takes me about 5mins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts