Satellite Suitcase

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
I have a satellite suitcase from Maplins but I can't get any signal. The bits are connected properly but the signal strength is stuck on 37% despite moving the dish. What am I doing wrong?

Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
I have one of those as well the first time I tried to use it took me 2 days to get a signal its a hit or miss with the signal you can buy a meter from Ebay for around

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Anne

I've had mixed levels of success with mine too.

However - they seem VERY susceptible to trees being in the way and Daniel is right that the little gizmos that you can buy do help a lot (I got a satellite finder in B&Q of all places for

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I have one of these, and had big problems when I first used it, from memory there is a setting via the remote control and system set up that activates/deactivates the LNB. the main reason I had probs was the LNB was deactivated!

I suggest an eliptical "sky" type dish is also better than the provided plastic dish and enables faster satellite finding-there are loads about secondhand/maplins etc.

If you get really fed up with it, the dish flys quite a long way if you throw it!

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
I forgot to ask a (stupid?) question: if I ever get the right satellite (if that is the problem) will I get British channels as all those that appear on the channel band appear to be German.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
I followed sir rogers guide with success but it helped when i connected box to the house dish first and set it up for Astra 2(28) and did search tehn found a BBC channel ,When I came to set it up to the sky dish in van I went to this channel and satellit first.If its the same as mine you go through a list of satellites and choose the Astra 2 one then get the channel you know,mine was something like 514,not 101 like the sky box.When I got the dish set up i checked the heading with a compass and wrote in on the box,it should be 28 deg south east iirc but the compasses are generally pretty cheap.HTH

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I have had our Lidl dish set for about five years now and it works fine.

The first time I went to use it the set top box was set to astra 19 east which is the german satalite channels. I just followed the instructions for the box and set it to astra 28.2 east which is our sky satalite frequencey.

First attempt at setting up took a couple of hours. What I did to aid the set up next time was to mark with tipex some guidelines on the compass for direction and tilt angels.

Now,I just swivel the dish to these and then using the set up feature on our sky plus box, I finalise the set up in about 10 mins as a rule.

I have adapted our dish to accept the sky plus lnb reciever and so can enjoy all the benifits of sky plus.

One other tweak I've done is to install a 150W inverter to power the sky plus box. This has been done because if the power is interupted for half an hour, you loose any recording settings you have made. By using the inverter, tv harmony is saved. You see, we were blighted by the mower man unplugging the electric while we were out so they could cut the grass.

Once you've got the practice laps done, setting up gets easier every time.

Steve L.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try again when I next go to the van but I think the problem may be as Steve has pointed out - we are on the preset Astra 19 because the channels are German. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts