satellite tv am i doing anything wrong

Oct 31, 2006
Visit site
hello i have set up my satellite box which came with the maplin kit to my sky dish inside the house, then tuned to both astra satellites but i noticed channel 4 and channel 5 were not on the list, i cancelled my sky subs as i thought it was getting to be a rip off. granted it downloaded 800 channels most of which were shopping channels but as i said did not see channel 4 and channel 5. any help would be appreciated as my mate is waiting to see if i have some success with mine first.

thank you

dave (happyroaming)

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
No, you're not doing anything wrong. Channel 4 and 5 are not free-to-view channels but are conditionally free, which means that they require a receiver with a CAM (conditional access module).

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
I have the Maplin unit as well & since found out that chanels 4&5 are not available,also that the dish size means it proberley will not receive much past the north of france. If I could I would return it to Maplins & get a Sky box & sky freeview card + a larger dish off E bay

TD

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
I would just use your terrestrial aerial (digital or analogue) for Ch4 and 5 until they become available, there is commitment from CH4 to go FTA on satellite this year and CH5 are likely to follow suite.

The channels are different on the Sky FTV and FTA line ups and the FTA line up shows several channels that Sky charge for.

I think the satellite suitcases are very good, we have used one for 3 years.

Do not get them at camping shops, same piece of kit at double the price of Maplins etc.

May 7, 2007
Visit site
Dave,

You say you cancelled your sky subscription, if you still have your sky box and viewing card, use that instead of the maplins box. Your viewing card automaticaly becomes a freeview card if you cancel sky, and with the card in your digibox you should be able to receive Ch4 and Ch5 along with a lot more free to view channels.

Hope this helps

Graham (Ponty)

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
David .

I bought the Maplins sat in the box as well,as everybody else has said you have done nothing wrong .

Look on the bright side while you are away in the van you dont have to suffer Big Brother ....... must be a bonus.

Regards Stewart

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts