sattelite signal finder

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tom, the sat finder that came with our system was a cheap one, as always when you buy a complete system. Anyway, we were not happy with it because I could not use it properly, so we bought a one from maplins for

Feb 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi, i dont use a signal finder, if you have the maxview freesat box , press info on remote, move dish till the strength and intesity are over 50% and thats it, job done.

Steve

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
If you are not in a rush wait until they come round on offer ay Lidl or Aldi - will cost you less than a fiver and do the job perfectly well.

If you are crossing the channel that is the standard price you will pay for a similar device in any of the DIY sheds.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Also, why buy a digital compass? A simple optical device that you can get for well less than half that will do the job perfectly well.

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
In addition to a signal strength meter, also need to take account of dish elevation and change of satellite bearing, especially when travelling south to Italy for example. If you have internet access you can use:

http://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm
A protractor with a level bubble, is useful to set the dish accurately to the required elevation.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
havent found a cheap one that tells you the satellite you are on,just the strength.We have a freesat box from maplins which has a visual and audio strength meter and the preset channel shows on screen so as you get a strong signal you know your on the right channel.Havent used my signal meter since I attended Sir Rogers masterclass in satellite tuning :)

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Our site we're on has loads of trees and I found the light bar type sat finder we had with our Lidl kit a right pain.

So off we toddled to Maplins at Hereford and for

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
.....A really good tool and less money for the care home!.....

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for & make life easy.

Do you have a min call out charge :eek:)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I use one of these & look at the signal strength bars on the tv screen...it also has the other main european satellites programed in...it's dead easy to use...

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i also use the Lacuna meter ,the meter is programmed with 6 separate data sets Astra all TPN /UK multi/Sky /motorised /80cm system /Eurobird 1 all TPN /,installed named Satellites are ,

Sky digital at 28.2 /66E /64E/57E/53E/45E/42E/39E/36E/33E/26E/28.5E/28.2E/23.5E/19E/16E/13E/10E/9E/7E/5E/0.8E/5W/7W/8W/12.5W/15W/22W/30W/43W/45W/ you can also run a test on the LNB . downloads can be obtained from the website ,i didnt pay any think like the price its advertised

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
.....A really good tool and less money for the care home!.....

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for & make life easy.

Do you have a min call out charge :eek:)
It's a wide sky up there & trying to pin point the satellite when you are near to the edge of the footprint or due to difficult terrain, its got to be worth every penny... ( or bottle of wine ) it's not like the TV aerial where you basically just point it & get a picture...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts