Saving money

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just a few tips on how you might save a few bob this summer

Slug & Lettuce pub chain have £5 off vouchers on their web site.

Burger King have vouchers valid 'til end of July to be used for breakfasts. Print off on-line.

Telegraph paper is doing vouchers for half price meals this coming week.

Loch Fyne restaurants presently does 2 courses and a glass of wine for £11. See web site.

See Martin's money saving tips for more ideas. If, like us, you take food out on day trips, keepa a coolbox permanently in the boot. Ideal for cool drinks, sandwiches and trips to the supermarkets.

On a different note, why don't the take-aways who leave leaflets in the C.C. info kiosks offer a delivery service to the entrance of the site? I'm sure they'd make a killing. Never been on a site yet where this has been available. Have you? Happy hols.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not sure if they still do , but the Chinese in Modbury South Devon delivered to CC site @ Broad Park when we stayed there last September. Good value too.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
we also use the Toby Carveries ,excellent value for the money ,you can have 3 selections of meat ,and help yourself to the rest ,much better than the crap in these burger places ,never had a bad meal yet

blu

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Folks

I thought takeaways delivering to sites was quite common.whenever we have wanted one we have always managed.

At Dornafield in Devon they delivered to the pitch.

And lovely it was too.

Sean

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Come to think of it a colleague of mine has recommended Toby restaurants as well. Just as Lord Brakewynde said, good choice of meat and help yourself to veg and trimmings. He said there was so much on his plate that he didn't bother going back up. Again, he said the quality was excellent. The furthest west they are located is Plymouth so that would be ok for west Devon and East Cornwall. I'm pretty sure there's a big Tesco very nearby so that you can go eat and load up on provisions. The location is at a place called Roborough, about 4 miles north of Plymouth on the Tavistock road.

Blu, I'm staying at Dornafield in a few weeks time so if you could remember the name of the takeaway I'd much appreciate it, especially on a wet windy evening!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Yech! Takeaways we avoid like the plague! If we want grease and oil, we got it on the car. :)

Nothing better than getting the BBQ going and doing a decent freshly prepared meal washed down with a nice cool beer especially if it is a nice steak.

If it raining, we use the brolley or the Cadac and ikn an emergency the George Foreman grill.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yech! Takeaways we avoid like the plague! If we want grease and oil, we got it on the car. :)

Nothing better than getting the BBQ going and doing a decent freshly prepared meal washed down with a nice cool beer especially if it is a nice steak.

If it raining, we use the brolley or the Cadac and ikn an emergency the George Foreman grill.
Granted the barbie rules Ian. However, over the course of a fortnight I'm not averse to a cheeky Chinese or rip-snorting good Indian. I also have to say that for me, no seaside holiday is complete without at least one portion of fish and chips with mushy peas, bread and butter and a cup of tea. I do wonder though how the ketchup always tastes so foul. Has to be Heinz every time I'm afraid....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts