Saying Hi

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. If you let us know what you are looking for and if buying from a dealer or privately I am sure we can help.
If you look on the advice tab at the top of the page it will bring up the magazines article on buying a caravan which should help you. More advice can be found on the Caravan and Motorhome Club and Camping and caravaning club sites.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes as others have said , Welcome to the forum, the caravanning world is Trully bafalling, just ask away about anything, no maatter how Dumb you might think, we have all been there.

Dec 3, 2018
Visit site
Thought I would add an update. So, already made a bit of a mistake. Bought a 2004 Sterling Eccles Moonstone, nice condition and a nice Van, both really liked it. however after 2 trips out we soon discovered that at our age and with my wife's poor mobility the moving and handling of the cushions before and after sleep was cause for many problems. Sleeping on the 2 front singles was really uncomfortable even after all the moving, using the single bunk and the double made up was just too much work also. Decision was either change early or possibly result in giving up altogether so have now swapped to a 2011 Lunar Clubman SB. Pick it up on 17th May with first trip booked for 20th May for 4 days, hopefully this will be much better for us. Costly Lesson but with no try before you buy it's hard to know a way around this. Will update again after our trip and hope to have good news.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the update. There are no mistakes, just learning opportunities B) . Hopefully you got a decent trade in price and didn’t lose too much money. The single beds on your new van will suit you much better by the sound of it. Enjoy your new van
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that the first caravan is an experiment rather than a mistake. You need to try something to establish what you need, so look on it as a learning experience, and good luck with the new model.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Just a hint from our experience, if you look at a side bed, make sure the bed is long enough for you when fully extended, and that it's still possible to get round the end if it is. I'm 6' 3" and any beds that were long enough you couldn't really get past if the bed was fully extended, so we finished up going for end bed...

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Guzzilazz said:
Just a hint from our experience, if you look at a side bed, make sure the bed is long enough for you when fully extended, and that it's still possible to get round the end if it is. I'm 6' 3" and any beds that were long enough you couldn't really get past if the bed was fully extended, so we finished up going for end bed...

I'm the same height and have no trouble sleeping in a Transverse Island Bed but I will admit is it is a squeeze to get to the washroom with the bed extended (7'5" wide van) However, I do not fit in the 'Inline' End Bed, mid washroom layout, on a single axle, such as the Sprite Major 4 EB, as my feet end up through the door into the washroom!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Great buying advice Guzzilazz and CA; which will certainly help others; but the OP has bought a van with twin single beds and an end washroom, so the extending and access bit won't apply.
mel

Dec 3, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, the SB is twin singles. Both are 6'1" x 2'6". Had a good lounge about on them and seem much better. The actual lounge area is obviously a lot smaller but mainly for just us 2 so will be adequate. The position of the windows and doors is a more difficult lay out and with the Outdoor Revolution Evora 260 Awning means at least one if not 2 of the windows will be covered by the Awning cushions, I can cope with that though as long as the comfort factor and usability of the package is better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts