saynoto0870.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try:- www.saynoto0870.co.uk

This is a fabulous site that allows you to put in the name of the company or the 0870 number and usually they have a list of alternative "normal" numbers.

I have also found it a better corporate "Directory Enquiries" facility than BT or any other.

We also tell the account execs (Reps by any other name!) that unless they give us a normal number they will get no more business. That tends to get their attention - and of course once we have that number we can add it to the "saynoto 0870" site for the benefit of others.

The best one we found was Comet that gives a single and totally useless 0870 number when we had to chase up the non-delivery of an item. www.saynoto0870.co.uk provided the normal tel numbers for every Comet store in the UK!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive - that's really useful.

Do you have any info on organisations that allow a living person to answer the phone as a pose to a recorded message?

press 1 for......... 2 for............ (drives me insane).

Lisa.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa,

You mean all that chat is recorded ? Surely the lovely version of Greensleves played on comb and toilet paper is live ? ? Or is that too a recording-ding-ding-ding-ding ? ? ?

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa

Just noticed Del had put the same info up on the adjacent post - sorry guys must have scrolled through it to fast.

As for the highly anoying press 1 for a lobotomy etc all I can say is that the saynoto0870 site does often give lines direct to a person. Not always but often.

On one occaision I was asked by an idiot from Lloyds TSB "where did you get this number" - I said "from your wife".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts