Scandinavia

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I'm investigating the possibility of taking the caravan up to North Cape, Norway next summer - the Caravan Club has a good selection of associate sites in France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany but seems completely devoid of them in Norway and Sweden - does anyone have site suggestions for those two, preferably smaller sites.

We'd be keen to explore nature reserves and national parks rather than cities so any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I’ve thought ifv driving to North Cape with my son but not with the caravan. I would have used campsites with my tent and some have basic huts to hire. This CCC itinerary may help your planning.

Thanks for that itinerary, some useful suggestions there.

I'm also considering going without the caravan and using Premier Inns in Germany and Scandic hotels in Norway/Sweden - but that's likely to be considerably more expensive.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm investigating the possibility of taking the caravan up to North Cape, Norway next summer - the Caravan Club has a good selection of associate sites in France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany but seems completely devoid of them in Norway and Sweden - does anyone have site suggestions for those two, preferably smaller sites.

We'd be keen to explore nature reserves and national parks rather than cities so any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Been on our bucket list for awhile as have been told the countries have beautiful scenery.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......the Norcamp app lists the campsites.

We took our caravan up to Narvik in 2009 on a 4 week trip.
Crossings were via Denmark and the Oresund bridge to Malmo Sweeden and returned via the Helsingbord Ferry.
Went in June with 22 hours of daylight.
We didn't bother going right up to the North Cape.
We were interested in the history of the WW2 Battle of Narvik where many Polish soldiers died and where my Polish father in law was lucky to survive.
Norway is a very expensive country with most things much dearer than the UK.
The Fiords create many ferry crossings which charge by length and this means caravan outfits are rare in Norway.
Motorhomes are the norm.
We had a great time :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
......the Norcamp app lists the campsites.

We took our caravan up to Narvic in 2009 on a 4 week trip.
Crossings were via Denmark and the Oresund bridge to Malmo Sweeden and returned via the Helsingbord Ferry.
Went in June with 22 hours of daylight.
We didn't bother going right up to the North Cape.
We were interested in the history of the WW2 Battle of Narvik where many Polish soldiers died and where my Polish father in law was lucky to survive.
Norway is a very expensive country with most things much dearer than the UK.
The Fiords create many ferry crossings which charge by length and this means caravan outfits are rare in Norway.
Motorhomes are the norm.
We had a great time :)
I’ve visited Norway on several occasions for work and it’s expensive and beautiful Fortunately the costs did not come out of my bank account. In 1987 I had some staff involved on trials in Oos, a fjord north of Bergen and they complained that their subsistence rate would allow them to buy a steak or a beer but not both. Just feast on the scenery then lads. ⛰️

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts