Scarborough c&cc site

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

Just got back from derwentwater in the lakes ( which may i add , has fantastic scenery ), and now im looking for somewhere maybe on the east of england !

im in need of advice on Scarborough c&cc site, is it quiet and ok for kids? any bad points i should be aware of?

thanks in advance

dave

ps: any info on derwenwater ,please ask !!!

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave

Stopped here last year but only for a wk/end. Site Good with usual C&CC facilities, ie good showers, toilets etc. Back row of pitches are next to the road and can be a bit noisy. The pitches are quite spacious and the van sits on a large "holed plastic" surface buried into the grass giving a hard standing finish but still with the grass growing through. There is a pub next to the site (100 yds), I think it was a Brewers Fayer or similar pub chain that does meals etc, Site approx 1 mile to town center. You can cross the road, walk over a field by footpath and it brings you to the cliff top, I didnt follow it too far so I dont know if the path drops down to the beach. Easy driving distance to Whitby or Robin hoods Bay if that takes your fancy.

Give it a go

Alan

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dave

Stopped here last year but only for a wk/end. Site Good with usual C&CC facilities, ie good showers, toilets etc. Back row of pitches are next to the road and can be a bit noisy. The pitches are quite spacious and the van sits on a large "holed plastic" surface buried into the grass giving a hard standing finish but still with the grass growing through. There is a pub next to the site (100 yds), I think it was a Brewers Fayer or similar pub chain that does meals etc, Site approx 1 mile to town center. You can cross the road, walk over a field by footpath and it brings you to the cliff top, I didnt follow it too far so I dont know if the path drops down to the beach. Easy driving distance to Whitby or Robin hoods Bay if that takes your fancy.

Give it a go

Alan
thanks for that info on scarb. going myself next sunday for 12 nights first visit

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Well home again.... All kinds of weather...snow..hail..rain..gales and some sunshine but always cold.

Good site though. Toilets were very clean (4 blocks to cover the whole park) as you would expect from a C & CC site. Wardens were very helpful too. Plenty to do in the surrounding area. Although not much on site for the kids apart from a couple of play parks and a recreation room with a pool table and a couple of table tennis tables. About 2 miles into Scarborough and all it has to offer. Large dog exercise area ,although when we were there it was very water logged. Had to wash the dogs every time they had been up there. A good beach to go to with the dogs is Cayton Bay. About 2 miles south of Scarborough on th Filey road. It's very steep to get down to but once you have negotiated the descent it's worth it.

All in all we think it was a great place to stay if,hopefully,you get the weather. Plenty to do to please everyone in the family in the town.

Ali 'n' Laura

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts