scone palace

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi all

We are travelling to Scone Palace C&CC site on August bank holiday to see a concert.Has anybody stayed at this site before?.If so what did you think?.

Do you know if the concerts are held close to the site? i.e walking distance.

Ta Geoff

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
We have stayed here. If the concerts are at the racecourse it is very convenient-Just beside the site. Otherwise, unsure. We really liked the site as it had individual `bays` with trees, shrubs etc. It was also very enclosed and safe. There was a nice walk to the river where we sat for ages on a sheltered,sandy bit. Other campers were unbelieveably friendly, children and adults alike. We later found out there was a `Convention` going on and they were all members of it! lovely people though. lovely site, no negatives.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff, we stayed at Scone in May 2008,the facilities were terrible I am afraid,we did complain to the CC&C and they apologised and said they were going to modenise them in the close season,I can only hope they did it might be worth a phonecall,sorry.

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
We complained too after a stay in 2007! We did speak to the sites manager at the Glasgow show who agreed that the site was rather down at heal but they were waiting for their lease to be renewed before doing any work. This has now been done so apparantly they are working on getting the drainage of the site right and generally giving it a face lift.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
We must have been lucky then. We visited in July 2007. I do remember people abandoning tents in the night due to flooding but I thought it was that awful rainy time we had and everywhere was like that!It can never be a bad thing if folk are suggesting improvements to the CCC(or any site for that matter) and they are responding. Great if it is getting a `facelift` as I still maintain it was a nicely laid out site with a lot going for it in appearance. We would return out of curiousity to see the facelift

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your comments.

Bit of a mixed bag though.We will only be there for 3 nights so I guess we can put up with any shortcomings.Let's hope the concert's ok.

I'll do an independent review of the site while we're there and let you all know.

First time I've used this forum and think It's a great facility.Well done Practical Caravan

Geoff

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
geoff, i copied this from another forum.

Excellent. Fantastic site, Great facilities we were on a fully serviced pitch so didn't use the showers but they were immaculate. It's large but with all different areas and lots of trees and also lots of open space Etc is feels very cosy. Love the fact that tourers, campers and tents are all side by side. No segregation.The facilities are fantastic. A big big mention to the fabulous staff. I had a problem and broke down (jockey wheel collapsed and jammed and I couldn't tow) and they actually came out and rescued me and once on site helped me unhitch. Jacked up the van and when I returned with the new jockey wheel they fitted it. I can not say enough good things about this site and the people running it. Not to mention the wild life and the dog walks. We were there (3rd visit) and went to the racing we had an absolute ball. I kenneled our dog for 2 days in nearby kennels to give us and the dog a break. The site's even got a proper dog shower

I will most certainly be back. Thank you Scone Camping site. You are wonderful hard working people and you are doing a fabulous job.

posted in dec '08

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff,

Please let us know how you get on and what your impressions of the site were.

I have not stayed on the site but had a walk around it last summer (was a member of c&cc at that time)but was not impressed, although i believe part of the problems were caused by the terms of the lease.

Hopefully the work that has been carried out will make a big difference.

William

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts