Scotland Trip

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Everyone

We're planning a 2 - 3 week trip to Scotland starting the very beginning of June. We guess we will be using CC sites in the main, going up the west, across to Inverness area then down the east. Do you think we will need to book in advance this early in June ? We prefer the freedom of not having to book if we can avoid it thereby not having any specific timetables and, if the wee midges have started biting, we may not want to stop too long in the west.

We usually go to France during the same period and have never booked in advance over there and have never had any problems getting in at any sites.

Regards

John M

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

How many nights did you want to stay at any one site?

The CC sites at Bunree and Morvich tend to fill up quickly so if you wanted to stay there and not be disappointed I'd make a reservation. You can always change it.

Otherwise in June I'd be fairly relaxed. I think you'll have no probelms with all the other CC sites in june.

Cheers

Alan

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
You will be OK in June. The time to worry is the mid July to August bank holiday period , and even then you can get a pitch without electric hook up. You could always try an independent site - you never know you might even like it.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
We usually holiday in June and often in Scotland - to be honest, we usually book in advance for peace of mind and have found that the more popular sites can be pretty full - depends where you are planning to stay - Bunree and Melrose are two that we would always book in advance and even Edinburgh Club Site can be busy with many overseas visitors at this time of year.

we toured for 6 weeks in May 07, we booked in advance but had to change a couple of dates, which was difficult as most of the sites are full at weekends.

We are going again in september & think it may be easier to book as we go because there won't be any bank holidays involved.

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Most, if not all regions of Scotland have a local holiday at some point in September so sites can be busy. As all regions tend to have a different weekend (I think we in Aberdeenshire have the same one as the Edinburgh area, but Glasgow has a different one etc)you may still come across busy sites at weekends.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Margaret

We're doing a 6 weeker of the Scottish Islands last 2 wks August all of september.

CalMac do these Island Hopscotch tickets, very reasonable but better to book in advance. As there is another couple with us we will book in advance. A lot of the Island sites are smaller and have limited EHU so this time we will book.

Where are you going, may even bump into you!

Cheers

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts