Scott stabiliser

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I have a Scott stabiliser , although a bit old now it seems to be in perfect condition.

I have a (new to me )Compass 430 GTE ,1990, can anyone please give me advice on the setting of the torque nut on the Scott stabiliser for this caravan.

Also do I measure the torque of the nut (the one controlling the friction disks) or is it done another way to set the stabiliser.

Thanks In advance , Rich Devon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rich, as a rule of thumb, adjust the tension until you have use a lot of effort to move the blade. That is to say, someone of average strength should be able to move it, but only just.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Adjust the nut until it takes 60lb / 27kg (measured on bathroom scales) to move the end of the blade. I find it easier to fit the unit upside down so that the blade curves upwards which gives more ground clearance.

Spare friction disks are available from the Bulldog range at most caravan dealers.

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
First let me say thank you very much for answering my request.

Its just the info I need.

I have a spring balance that is rated at 100lbs , so I should be able to use that.

Thank you so much again.

Rich

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Rich,

Refurbishment of the Scott stabiliser, including setting the torque and replacement of the pads, is covered on pages 152 and 153, including pictures, of the Haynes "Caravan Manual - 3rd Edition"

The Haynes book costs around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts