screw head / nail heads showing under rubber window trim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have balck outer seals with a grey inner trim on our Abbey 2004 windows. When we first got the van (5 months ago) we noticed what appeared to be maybe screw heads causing some little bumps in the grey trim on one window at the front of the van. All the other windows were OK. We noticed this weekend that the front side windows now seem to have the same problem. Regular spaced out bumps which I can only assume are screw heads / nail heads of something similiar protruding a causing these bumps?

Any help please...should we be concerned?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can remove the flat plastic insert by carefully lifting the black rubber with a flat bladed knife such as a table knife.

The bumps are most likely to be staples and you can bash them with a hammer and punch once the insert is removed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have found that usually the fitter has had to hold the staple gun at an angle to get the width of staples in the width of the gap in the rubber.

This will be done at speed on the production line and sometimes the staple goes in all the way on one leg but not on the other so that with flexing of the van body etc they start to show.

When I fitted my back window I couldn't get my staple gun to shoot into the wood at all so I ended up drillng pilot holes and hammering short felt nails in .

Its nothing to worry about as the black rubber comes with a layer of sealant that will stick to the van side and give water proofing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts