Jan 4, 2006
Visit site
I have been using coach screws for my awning which were recomended by a forum member a while ago but find thatcaravan club hard standings are compacted so much the screws will not drive in.

Has anyone used the screwpegs that are advertised in the magazines on hard standings and if so what is your opinion of them.

david harrison

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi David,

I have a selection of rock pegs and plastic ones and have found that on, some hardstanding, surprisingly the plastic ones are the more effective - but not always. Some of my plastic pegs are now bent like banannas.

Rob S.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I once asked the wardens at Sheepcote if the hardstandings had a concrete base - seems I'm not the only one to think that. Now sometime ago someone here suggested using a masonry bit in a cordless drill to start a pilot hole for pegs. Have yet to try it but seems like a good idea.

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
I always carry a cordless drill and a club hammer, which fit neatly under my car seat, so are not a weight problem. Never had to use the drill yet, as the club hammer and 8in rock pegs have always sufficed even on the toughest of hard-standing (never tried concrete yet, but surely nothing can work on that, not even screwpegs!). I reckon the club hammer is the secret, messing about with lighter hammers and thin pegs is hard work, needs more bashes, breaks the plastic tops and usually makes bending inevitable!

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
I once asked the wardens at Sheepcote if the hardstandings had a concrete base - seems I'm not the only one to think that. Now sometime ago someone here suggested using a masonry bit in a cordless drill to start a pilot hole for pegs. Have yet to try it but seems like a good idea.
Wow! perhaps I could turn up with a compressor and a pneumatic drill to do a bit of levelling before pitching up....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts