Scuff marks to front panel

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi, used the motor mover to put the van up the drive but forgot to put the handbrake on before releasing the mover. The van then rolled forward a foot or so before scraping on a concrete pillar. No real damage other than some scuff marks on the front plastic panel. Looking for advice as to best way to hide/repair these marks. Thanks

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
HomerS1 said:
Hi, used the motor mover to put the van up the drive but forgot to put the handbrake on before releasing the mover. The van then rolled forward a foot or so before scraping on a concrete pillar. No real damage other than some scuff marks on the front plastic panel. Looking for advice as to best way to hide/repair these marks. Thanks

Pictures please HomerS1.

Nov 4, 2007
Visit site
Using the caravan mover I scraped the rear panel against a brick wall.
I used 240grit followed by 400grit followed by 600grit wet and dry abrasive paper (using plenty of water).
I managed to remove most of the marks and then polished with Autoglym polish.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You could research plastic filler that is supplied for car bumper repairs especially if the surface is gouged - otherwise you might find toothpaste is a non-abrasive polish with a damp cloth.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Homer,
Track down your local motorcycle repair shop. They are the experts with ABS , plastic, body parts. Drop a bike and see the fairing damage. These guys are the “masters “

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Homer,
Track down your local motorcycle repair shop. They are the experts with ABS , plastic, body parts. Drop a bike and see the fairing damage. These guys are the “masters “

Good advice and well worth noting, I have had bike fairingplastic damage in the past, how easy it is to forego the alternative repair options.

Some of the repairs are as simple as a soldering iron melting a cable tie or bits of a Cd-Disk behind a crack or split, thereby restoring sufficient strength to the component to allow fillers etc. to be effective.

I have tried such methods with success, but I am no where as near as good as the folks who have expertise in such repairs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts