Sealing an area of worn fibreglass

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
I have just had my caravan serviced and have been told that I two small areas on the back overhang resurfacing with fibreglass. I have been quoted £520, which I can't afford. While it's not yet leaking, the mechanic told me that it will eventually cause water ingress. Is there another way I can seal the area to protect from the elements? Many thanks - VanGirl

Attachments

• Van.jpg
    Van.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have just had my caravan serviced and have been told that I two small areas on the back overhang resurfacing with fibreglass. I have been quoted £520, which I can't afford. While it's not yet leaking, the mechanic told me that it will eventually cause water ingress. Is there another way I can seal the area to protect from the elements? Many thanks - VanGirl
Try looking at Eternabond or Rooflock waterproof sealing tapes. Lots of videos on YouTube on how they work.

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
Try looking at Eternabond or Rooflock waterproof sealing tapes. Lots of videos on YouTube on how they work.
Thanks - I’ll check it out. They are relatively small areas and so shouldn’t be difficult to cover providing I have the right material. Thanks for you help!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts