Seasonal Awning? Air or Pole? Talk to me...

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
[img size=400 said:
.[/img]
B828_CC23-_CCB1-470_C-_A4_B6-30853671_C134.jpg

Products such as air awnings should be made to the highest possible standards, not the lowest standards.

If Durex made prophylactics to that standard then they would be in deep doo-dah.

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Bought a new Kampa air awning last year with the van (new but 2nd owner so quite cheap).
Used it for 1 week and thought it to be a piece of tatt. Sold on for a small profit.
Bought a new Isabella Minor in the sept sales and have used it for 2 weeks and love it, great quality and looks so much better once up.
Worthwhile checking the ads for a bargain.

Kev

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We would never have a another air awning. We now have an Isabella Coal porch awning and it is just as quick to erect.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
I see the air awnings seem to get a lot of bad press.
We bought our new van second hand which came with a poled awning,but no instructions.After a couple of hours trying to figure out how it went up i gave up.

That ended up being binned,and we bought a brand new 2018 Kampa air 280.First trip out to Normans bay in Sussex,reknowned for high winds all the time.
Awning went up real easy and quick,i even used the storm straps due to the wind.Over the two weeks she didnt lose any air and performed great.Never had any leaks during the two days of continous rain.I found it it to be a great bit of kit.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
LG57-UPS. said:
I see the air awnings seem to get a lot of bad press.
We bought our new van second hand which came with a poled awning,but no instructions.After a couple of hours trying to figure out how it went up i gave up.

That ended up being binned,and we bought a brand new 2018 Kampa air 280.First trip out to Normans bay in Sussex,reknowned for high winds all the time.
Awning went up real easy and quick,i even used the storm straps due to the wind.Over the two weeks she didnt lose any air and performed great.Never had any leaks during the two days of continous rain.I found it it to be a great bit of kit.
I wonder if they have changed the inner tube material from previous years.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Possibly???
The instructions said to inflate to about 9 psi.Which is marked on the pump.In the instructions it said the bladders are tested with prolonged use at 22 psi.So they may have beefed them up.

But i cant fault the awning,the instructions also mentioned to expect leaks for the first couple of outings,due to stitching holes needing to swell.We had some serious wind and days of rain without a hint of a leak.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Interesting ...

I have used our Vango Kalari several times in gale force winds and never had an issue. I don’t even use the guy ropes.

On the west coast of Anglesey this year, we woke one morning to find the site littered with broken tents and awnings, but ours was as solid as a rock.

I stumble across plenty of negative comments and complaints about air awnings, although the vast majority do seem to be referring to Kampa rather than Vango.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
LG57-UPS. said:
Possibly???
The instructions said to inflate to about 9 psi.Which is marked on the pump.In the instructions it said the bladders are tested with prolonged use at 22 psi.So they may have beefed them up.

But i cant fault the awning,the instructions also mentioned to expect leaks for the first couple of outings,due to stitching holes needing to swell.We had some serious wind and days of rain without a hint of a leak.

Vango do make good kit. I had one of their tents until recently and it never gave any trouble. Probably going to invest in a four person air tent during winter if 2018 models are discounted enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts