Seasonal Pitches

Feb 8, 2006
Visit site
Why o why every site I rung this year could,t place use on a super site as more and more sites are becoming seasonal pitches were will it end .As us who have to work and only get 5 weeks ayear off are running out of places to tour as no were to park Because a large tourer on a pitch is cheaper then a static van.Is the life of the tourer now on a down ward slope most of use love our holidays in our vans but are we being pushed out now not only by follow tourers and static,s

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The number of caravanners, both tourers and seasonals, has significantly increased in recent years but the number of pitches hasn't kept pace - leading to increased prices and booking difficulties particularly at the middle and higher priced end of the market.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Our caravan is on a seasonal site thanks to Gordon Brown pushing up taxes. Now we don't have to use the 4 x 4 to tow the caravan except for 4 times a year. The Yaris is much more economical to use to go out and about in. Perhaps you could try CLs etc.

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
I used to go to a nice site up near York, do a bit of fishing etc, however I now do not go there as we prefer a site which is a little quieter, however on this site there are areas which do cater for the families and the couples type of tourer.

This was really great and the owner must be congratulated for this arrangement, however suddenly, the pitches where we liked to go were not available. These had been taken by owners who had purchased large German vans with huge awnings. On Friday they would land up in two or three cars, spread themselves over all the access routes to the vans who were tucked away in the remote dark pitches, bolcking their access. All the long termers would then catch up with all the week's news till late, the domestic type stereos where set up permanantly for the week-end's use.

Surely a touring park is for touring caravans, a caravan park could be for static vans or long term large tourers who never seem to get mover at all?

Don't mean to be a moaning git, but the owner seems to be happy with his rents he is getting as he gets these fees all year round, not just from a week or fortnight through the better seasoons of the year.

All about commercial viability I suppose!!

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I am one Of the seasonal pitch users that you dislike. Unfortunately I work 6.5 days a week and it gives me more chances to use my investment. The site I use has 10 seasonal pitches allocated leaving 110 pitches available for tourers. I take my van off site for my summer holidays, freeing my pitch during that time. I also tour with my van off season and during the winter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If one looked at the high season requirements ie school holiday times the sites are generally bursting at the seams. However at mid season times the majority of caravanners are either young couples or couples like my wife and self who have taken early retirement with no children tagging along and can go at off peak times. By having the seasonal pitches the site owner is having some money coming in and not just looking out on to empty pitches. A small site fee is better than no fee at all.

We have booked to go to Widend in the Spring Bank Holiday at the end of May with the grandchildren. We were fortunate that there was a pitch available for us as there are now a large number of seasonal pitches at this site. Our main holiday is at Poole this year and during term time therefore plenty of spaces available. It is just plain business where the site owners must have fees coming in to provide for the likes of us visitors.

Feb 8, 2006
Visit site
Our caravan is on a seasonal site thanks to Gordon Brown pushing up taxes. Now we don't have to use the 4 x 4 to tow the caravan except for 4 times a year. The Yaris is much more economical to use to go out and about in. Perhaps you could try CLs etc.
Two things again we don,t always need to blame other poeple for things ie taxes its comes to all of us but yes the Yaris is a very good car But with 3 full size humans and 2 smallones that is not safe???,Also it sounds like you run 2 cars anyway.Why don,t you try cl,s insted.Please note I agree with anynother commet as yes the hobby has grown and good on it but please can the sites keep up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts