seasonal pitches

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
emmerson said:
Seasonal sites should be banned!! Caravans are tourers, for God's sake, made for TOURING! If you want to site it, buy a static. If you keep filling sites with seasonals, where are us proper tourers supposed to go?
I'm 100% dogone fully behind Emmerson on this one.
smiley-cool.gif

Last Christmas we stayed at Carnon Downs Cornwall. I was pitched as far away from the toilets as one could.
Why?
smiley-undecided.gif

Because all the empty seasonals had pole position!
smiley-frown.gif

The CC do of course offer seasonals at Low Periods during the year and they are limited on both number of pitches and stay duration. When I can no longer tow due to a bad back or what ever then maybe I'll have to downgrade to a motorhome
smiley-laughing.gif

Do I want a static in one permanent place ? NO thankyou.
Touring and exploring is all part of the pleasure of caravanning
smiley-smile.gif

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
HEETHERS. Little Paddocks have new owners now and the new owner wants seasonal pitches on, hence seasonal pitches available on this site now. ON the internet this is not saying that but please ring up the owner Alfie and speak to him about a seasonal pitch if your interested. Nice quiet site.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
emmerson said:
Seasonal sites should be banned!! Caravans are tourers, for God's sake, made for TOURING! If you want to site it, buy a static. If you keep filling sites with seasonals, where are us proper tourers supposed to go?

I don't think club sites should cater for seasonal pitches although I suppose private sites are free to do as they please. At the moment we go off for up to four weeks at a time doing four different sites. That means packing up each time and re-erecting the awning each time. At the moment I'm ok with this but I don't know what lies in the future regarding my health or if I want to carry on towing. It might come the time when I want to put our roots down on one site and travel so I'm keeping my options open
smiley-smile.gif

The site would have to be something special though. A place like Englethwaite Hall would do nicely if it wasn't so far away.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
We are looking for a semi- seasonal pitch just for a few months while our house is being sold and looking to buy another property.
The Seasonal Sites are offering pitches from March - Oct, Which would be fine but we don't want a pitch until Mid - End of July,
We have telephoned and looked at a few in Hampshire/Dorset but no one will take us for more than 28 days.
So it looks like we will be touring around Hampshire/Dorset area for a few months and possibly back to Somerset again, which we
so enjoyed last year and also works out cheaper than the cost of the 6 months seasonal pitches offered down here.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Erica thanks for the info, sorry for the delay in answering been away. We are not looking for a seasonal it was for some friends passed the info onto them, l am bit like LB and DD on this like to see different places, if their comes a time when l can't do the awning or have trouble pitching up we will go for a motor home.
My sister has a static on Anglesey can't believe the add ons after you have bought it plus after 15 years you have to sell back to them at low price and by new from them, not my cup of tea. So some of the costs quoted for seasonal look reasonable to me.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting subject for me. I'm thinking about spending up to 6 mths in UK ( I live in France ). Looking for a site with electricity and good showers - don't need clubhouse, pool etc. Anywhere on a line between Devizes and Southampton.
Does anyone have any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts