seasonal pitches

Jan 4, 2006
Visit site
Hi Carl

I totally agree with you, my wife & I are retiring & selling our house to live permanently in our large touring caravan. We are members of both the caravan club & the camping & caravan club. According to the rules we cannot stay on any site for more than 21 days so must keep moving, if people are booking seasonal pitches & leaving they vans on them for most of the year, where are we surposed to move to? If these caravaners don't want to tow why not buy static caravan's & put them on residential sites thus leaving touring sites for people who want to tour. yours Maurice Bromley

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The clubs cater for recreational campers and caravanners but you are resident in one so why do tou not find a residential site and cease blocking touring pitches.

Jan 4, 2006
Visit site
The clubs cater for recreational campers and caravanners but you are resident in one so why do tou not find a residential site and cease blocking touring pitches.
scorpio

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was not moaning that I am not allowed to stay all year on one site as I wish to travel from site to site. My complaint is that people can occupy a seasonal pitch for most of the year even though the caravan may be empty, thus blocking pitches from people who want to tour.

Maurice

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
scorpio

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I was not moaning that I am not allowed to stay all year on one site as I wish to travel from site to site. My complaint is that people can occupy a seasonal pitch for most of the year even though the caravan may be empty, thus blocking pitches from people who want to tour.

Maurice
That is no different to you, in fact you are living in yours and that is not recreational caravanning. I am sorry but you are in a great big glass house!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts