seasonal tourer insurance

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone like us been refused insurance on their tourer because they are seasoned.

Our insurance was due to be renewed in dec, so i decided to shop around for quotes, only to be told ,we dont insure seasonals.

In desparation i went back to our old insurance who then told us that they would not insure us either. They put us in contact with a company who wpould at a cost insure us .So seasonals beware we were uninsured for two years check your insurance.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Ordinary caravan insurance, like Caravan Club 5C's, doesn't have any exclusions relating to seasonal use. I don't understand why you're getting a problem.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
But all touring caravans are unattended when not in use, whether at home or in storage. Most, if not all, policies include minimum fitments for anti-theft devices to maintain cover.

Check out the Caravan Club insurance, it may be worth the membership fee if you're not already members.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello RogerL

Have you approached NFU (National Farmers Union) for a quote. They are very reasonable and insured us on a seasonal site. Mind you, it was a huge Hobby that we could not tow legally in the UK. It's worth getting in touch with them though.

Ann

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to sound thick but what do you mean by seasonal. We have just bought our first van and only intend using it in school holidays so the rest of the time it is in storage. Our insurance company didn't ask us about usage. Please someone explain

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Sorry to sound thick but what do you mean by seasonal. We have just bought our first van and only intend using it in school holidays so the rest of the time it is in storage. Our insurance company didn't ask us about usage. Please someone explain
seasonal means staying on the same pitch from about feb to the end of october.

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hello RogerL

Have you approached NFU (National Farmers Union) for a quote. They are very reasonable and insured us on a seasonal site. Mind you, it was a huge Hobby that we could not tow legally in the UK. It's worth getting in touch with them though.

Ann
hi , have you a contact number for the farmers union i would be grateful.thanks .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts