Seasonal Tourer Pitch

Feb 25, 2023
Visit site
Hey guys, newbie here! I’m currently in need of temporary accommodation but have a caravan! Does anyone know of or can recommend a site that could help me? Anywhere in England/UK I’d consider - I have 2 labradors with me,
Thank you in advance,
Melissa

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It can be quite pleasant living in your caravan full time. I am sure that many people have taken up or will be taking up this option. Finding a site generally means visiting a site first to establish your credentials to identify yourself.

However you will still need an address for insurance, car registration, driver's licence and bank account. This could be a relative or friend. Many sites will not allow you to use their address for your post for obvious reasons.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If you are able to work then some places offer a pitch in exchange for work. Google will bring up various listings but ukcampsite has quite a good list

Otherwise ringing around 5 van sites, CLs and CSs May be worthwhile as there are 5 van sites that offer longer term siting and these will be cheaper than lager independent sites.

Some years ago there was a long thread on Full time vanning. Searching may find it or perhaps someone who can remember more details will find it for you

Also Andrew Ditton on You tube has posted videos about full time vanning that may be of interest.
Good luck
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We lived full time in our caravan for 2 1/2 years many years ago and I think it could have been my thread? We would stay on the site for 10 months and then move to another site for the winter months. I think the maximum stay on any CL or CS is 28 days. Not pleasant having to move sites during the winter months especially if it is raining of even snowing!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We use to have a Seasonal service pitch at Westley house farm near Shrewsbury and we were there for some years just one thing there is no Toilet block /Showers and the views were outstanding .

Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Hey guys, newbie here! I’m currently in need of temporary accommodation but have a caravan! Does anyone know of or can recommend a site that could help me? Anywhere in England/UK I’d consider - I have 2 labradors with me,
Thank you in advance,
Melissa
There a site in yorkshire do seasonal and you can pay monthly and lots of places to walk the dogs

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Seems Melissadex is not interested in answers anymore as they posted the message on other caravan forums and has not responded on those either? :unsure:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Seems Melissadex is not interested in answers anymore as they posted the message on other caravan forums and has not responded on those either? :unsure:
That was only two days ago and over a weekend , not everyone has nothing else to do other than , watch forums all day.

Reactions: Parksy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That was only two days ago and over a weekend , not everyone has nothing else to do other than , watch forums all day.
They made it read as if it was urgent and they got a lot of good advice on this and other forums, but have not responded on any?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts