Seat Alhambra/VW Sharon

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Have seen all the messages about Kia Sedonas and Ford Galaxys, but can't find anyone with any comments about the Alhambra or the VW Sharon. We have viewed both vehicles and find that we could afford one of these if we went for a 5 year old.

We tow a caravan with a 1400 kg max tow weight and would very much like to hear from anyone who tows with one of these models.

Thanks - Frances

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
FRANCES, the alhambra and sharan are exactly the same as the galaxy apart from a few cosmetic changes. i looked at all three vehicles and decided to purchase a galaxy since it came with free servicing for life. i own a 1.9 tdi 130 bhp zetec version and can honestly say it is the best tow car i have ever owned. i have previously had two peugot 406's and a landrover discovery diesel auto and although both of these cars where superb neither is as competent as an all rounder as the galaxy. i currently tow a coachman laser 590/4 which is almost a 100% match and i can report that the car has no trouble what so ever with towing the van. we have no stability issues, no power problems, the brakes are more than capable and even with the van in tow we average about 30 - 35 miles to the gallon. go for the best deal you can get out of the three.only one word of warning, as with most people carriers the galaxy/ alahmbra / sharan have re-inforced tyres which can not be repaired in the event of a puncture. i have had to replace two up to now and at 130 pounds each it isnt cheap, but as i said this is a problem with most mpv's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts