Seat Alhambra

Feb 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi,im taking collection of a new seat alhambra on saturday. the modle is the new 2.0 tdi 140 bhp,the problem is i cant find the nose weight anywhere in the hand book can anyone help!also do i have to have a detachable towbar fitted as the car has parking sensors.

many thaks Nigel

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We also could not find the nose weight figure for our 2005 alhambra tdi, I contacted seat technical on 0500 222222 and received a letter from them within two days confirming that my nose weight was set at 85 kgs. apparently it is incorectly stated in some brochures as 75 kgs. give them a ring and keep the letter you receive with your car documents as proof if ever you are pulled by the boys in blue.

In my opinion you have just purchased one of the best "all round" cars for towing that you can buy, enjoy.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Nigel,

As part of the Volkswagen Group, (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda & Mann truck) the parking aid sensor system is the same type fitted to all marques.

I have an Audi A4 avant 2.0 litre TDi with factory fitted detachable tow bar & rear parking aid sensors, I leave the tow ball attached at all times, it does not interfere with the operation of the parking aid sensors at all, either with or without the van hitched.

So the answer is...... fit what you like, fixed or detachable tow bar system.

On the question of nose weight, try looking in your handbook under towing a trailer, "accessories" thats where the info is in my handbook, BUT beware, in my handbook it states max tow hitch nose weight 75kg, but as my tow hitch is a factory fitted option, in the tailgate shut theres a sticker that states max nose weight is 80kg. Audi technical state that the upper figure is correct.

Feb 26, 2006
Visit site
Nigel,

As part of the Volkswagen Group, (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda & Mann truck) the parking aid sensor system is the same type fitted to all marques.

I have an Audi A4 avant 2.0 litre TDi with factory fitted detachable tow bar & rear parking aid sensors, I leave the tow ball attached at all times, it does not interfere with the operation of the parking aid sensors at all, either with or without the van hitched.

So the answer is...... fit what you like, fixed or detachable tow bar system.

On the question of nose weight, try looking in your handbook under towing a trailer, "accessories" thats where the info is in my handbook, BUT beware, in my handbook it states max tow hitch nose weight 75kg, but as my tow hitch is a factory fitted option, in the tailgate shut theres a sticker that states max nose weight is 80kg. Audi technical state that the upper figure is correct.
Thanks everyone for all the info, has been very helpfull

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts