Security for caravan

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
I agree if the want it, they will take it!

Just picked up my new caravan, very lucky the previous owners left the wheel lock, a Diamond Wheel lock... So just one wheel lock to purchase. Hitch lock purchased.

And the caravan is fitted with Alarm, Movement sensor and boy is it loud... So chuffed wit that.

And will seriously look into having a post put in, the actual post and concrete is pretty cheap, but it's just getting through the tarmac drive isn't going to be easy.

My heart sank this morning, when I saw the warning about travellers had pitched up not that far away, as travellers were high on the suspect list for the theft of my other caravan..

And well, they decided to do some shopping in the caravan shop... They new what they were doing, separating, breaking social distance etc to cause the distractions, then the females walked out with items that they didn't attend paying for. And nothing anybody could do about, sadly the male members of staff couldn't get up to the shop quick enough.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy your van, send a pic when you can and try not to worry about our friends. we have a camp about half a mile away.
On your hitching post I would look to replace the supplied lock, for a better one.. A decent bolster and a lump hammer should get you through the tarmac with ease.
Set the post in, so that the van is slightly nose down so the water runs off the roof.
The movement alarm is a bit iffy, in as much, if your van in not sheltered the wind will set it off, removed mine from my insurance cover, Getting up at two in the morning to switch it off is not to be recommended,

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Our first van, a Swift, had an alarm. OH picked it up after a service at a local dealer, hitched up and off he went. He thought he could hear a noise, but as he was driving through a City, thought it was an emergency vehicle on the fly over. Fortunately it was only a few miles to home, because when he stopped and got out of the car, he found out that the van alarm was blaring. No reaction from any passers by, including the police car that had been going the opposite way.
Not sure Alarms are much use.
Mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree if the want it, they will take it!

Just picked up my new caravan, very lucky the previous owners left the wheel lock, a Diamond Wheel lock... So just one wheel lock to purchase. Hitch lock purchased.

And the caravan is fitted with Alarm, Movement sensor and boy is it loud... So chuffed wit that.

And will seriously look into having a post put in, the actual post and concrete is pretty cheap, but it's just getting through the tarmac drive isn't going to be easy.

My heart sank this morning, when I saw the warning about travellers had pitched up not that far away, as travellers were high on the suspect list for the theft of my other caravan..

And well, they decided to do some shopping in the caravan shop... They new what they were doing, separating, breaking social distance etc to cause the distractions, then the females walked out with items that they didn't attend paying for. And nothing anybody could do about, sadly the male members of staff couldn't get up to the shop quick enough.
Any pictures of your new caravan .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts