Security measures on site or not

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have noticed that some site owners don't like you to fit wheelclamps and hitchlocks incase there is a fire and need to move vans to safety , but how do we stand with the insurance companys if your van is stolen ,, What do you do?? R J

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have never personally come across this,but,as the small print says,you must have them fitted.if you don't and it goes missing,its a lot of money gone if the insurance wont pay out.the risk of a fire i would say is very very low and to use this as an excuse is trivial.they must know as been in the caravanning world you have to have security.wonder what there arrangments are for there ever growing number of ststic caravans???

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The answer is simple really,,unless the site owner is prepared to agree in writing that they will replace everything which is stolen by not fitting a wheelclamp etc, they go ON,and thats it,,no argument.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Never mind the site owner, if your policy requires you to fit these as part of the conditions then if you don't, you're most certainly in breach of the conditions and the insurers would have every right to reject your claim! Lock up, clamp, alarm every time..... no worries. Graham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The 'vans should be pitched far enough away from each other to stop the fire spreading (by law) and this is the site owners responsability. I'm not sure what the distance is but if the site owners want to be able to move your 'van, maybe they're in breach of this so they can cram more units in?

Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quite agree, my van gets 2 wheelclamps, leglocks and hitchlock, if the site owner wants none of these, you go somewhere else. Quite simple.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts