security post

Mar 24, 2007
Visit site
As i am lucky to be in a position to be able to store my caravan at home in the rear garden i've been looking for a hitch post that i can put in.

Now i've found lots of removable types but i want one that i can either cement into the hard standing or rawl bolt to the floor, does anyone know any web sites that do this i've trawled the net but having no joy

cheers

mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Goole search produces lots of security posts, but mainly removable. Some caravan security suppliers also offer them but mainly removable. If you really do want a fixed post, then suggest you buy a towball and find a friendly local blacksmith who will weld it to a suitable piece of heavy tube (round or square) and then add a couple of cross rods at what will be below ground level so that you can cement it in.

It's difficult to imagine, however, anything reasonable which would withstand an angle grinder for very long, plis I guess you will be relying on whatever hitchlock hold the 'van to the post, and this may be even less strong in this respect.

Another suggestion is to buy a shed alarm and put it in a nearby secure building with the sensor on a lead run out to and plugged into a socket fitted to the 'van. Pulling out the lead or cutting it would activate the alarm and if you made it look like a main lead it may deter the lowlife from cutting it.

Mar 24, 2007
Visit site
Goole search produces lots of security posts, but mainly removable. Some caravan security suppliers also offer them but mainly removable. If you really do want a fixed post, then suggest you buy a towball and find a friendly local blacksmith who will weld it to a suitable piece of heavy tube (round or square) and then add a couple of cross rods at what will be below ground level so that you can cement it in.

It's difficult to imagine, however, anything reasonable which would withstand an angle grinder for very long, plis I guess you will be relying on whatever hitchlock hold the 'van to the post, and this may be even less strong in this respect.

Another suggestion is to buy a shed alarm and put it in a nearby secure building with the sensor on a lead run out to and plugged into a socket fitted to the 'van. Pulling out the lead or cutting it would activate the alarm and if you made it look like a main lead it may deter the lowlife from cutting it.
cheers ray, like the shen alarm bit never thought of that

mark.

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Heres a thought. You know these anti mugger small devices that some women carry around? They are sooo small and are activai

ted by pulling on a string and that pulls out a small bit of plastic - when that happens, the siren goes off.

My daughter lives in London, and she bought one for Three Quid.

By God, it nearly blasted my ear drums out.

I was thinking that if the van is near the house and you will be able to hear it or them go off, there should be some way of making it trigger if the van is moved.

Maybe rig up three of them to wake the road - and I dont think that the ungodly are going to hang around to try to find out how to stop the siren.

Regards

Pete

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
May I suggest the JSB Hublock I recently bought one when our local traveler community started taking an interest in my van

Ther is no way it can be burnt or cut off without destroying the hug & wheel bearings http://www.jsbhublock.co.uk/

Tony D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts