SECURITY

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 29, 2005
Visit site
Brian - we can certainly relate to what you are doing! We have just had our brand new Conqueror 640 stolen from our driveway in broad daylight - only had it for 3 weeks. Hitch lock and wheel clamp were easily broken off.

The caravan was alarmed (remote control, no keypad), however none of our neighbours heard anything - the tilt sensor was bound to have triggered as it's rather bumpy coming off our driveway. A few questions:

1. I wonder if anyone has any idea what they may have done to disable the alarm?

2. Thinking of security posts - what type and make does anybody recommend?

3. Supermule - any experiences? The video on the website (www.supermule.co.uk) certainly looks impressive, but not heard of any personal experiences with this.

4. Any feedback on steady locks?

5. Anyone heard of anyone defeating a tracker device such as Phantom?

We're obviously thinking of 2-5 above, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most security posts are only effective in conjunction with other devices. The scum just put a chain around them, select low 4 wheel drive and pull away.

I have a Supermule fitted which has yet to be put to the test but this along with two Titan wheelclamps, a RobStop, SAS alarm, Tracker Monitor and three video cameras to a time & date stamped recorder should make my neighbours caravan look an easier steal!

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi John ,really sorry to hear your news,I really do know how you feel.I almost called it a day but then thought no why should they beat me! .I hope your insurance is all OK as I had the added joy of taking my insurers to court .I have fitted 2 Bulldog security posts in front of the gates for the caravan.These are concreted in (about 1 ft in the ground)and cost about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts