Sedgemoor Motorway Services southbound M5

Jul 23, 2005
Visit site
I thought this services would be decent for caravanners; M5, busy touring route to West Country etc.

How wrong was I? The worst for caravanners I have ever seen. A large untarmaced area full of pot holes and puddles. No markings so a free-for-all. Near-misses. Vans blocked-in. Vans seen driving the wrong-way on the main service road trying to get back-in having been unable to find a spot. A row of cones in the adjacent lorry park to try to stop us parking - just made it tighter for the lorries as a full row of vans alongside the cones as no space in the designated area. Absolutely disgraceful! The area should be tarmaced and rows and/or bays marked.

Anyone else had the misfortune to visit Sedgemoor?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris,

Practical Caravan Feb 2001 ...someone voted that Sedgemoor should be avoided.

When we used the M5 a while back I kept a note of the service areas we used.

Strensham Junct.7/8 Excellent,with good parking for caravans,although we were there on a Sunday,which may have been quieter than during the week.North and South bound had good clear signs.

Taunton Deane Junct.25/26 Northbound

Easy access Very good

1.Caravan signs

2.Parking with lorries BUT plenty of room for all ( again we were there on Sundays)

3.Near to facilities / petrol.

The rest of the services were as usual.....bad sign posting and parking with trucks...unpleasant.The smell at some of the lorry parks is disgusting.....surely it isn't too much for the drivers to use the toilet facilities in the main building!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts