Sedgemoor services- M5 southbound

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
At the start of the summer holidays we took a trip down to Somerset to visit my family. The day we were travelling was very hot and sticky so we decided to stop off at the above mentioned services. Having never stopped there before with a caravan we didn't know what to expect.....
The signage for the caravan area was terrible, I think we drove round twice before we found it, and even then it was a gravelled dusty area to one side full of pot holes that you could hardly avoid, enough to test any car/ caravans suspension! The actual sign for the area was simply a peice of wood tied to a lamp post with 'caravan parking area' scribbled on with a black marker pen!!
There was hardly any room for people to park properly, that bad we had to park quite close to the van next to us to allow other people on!
The site is owned by Road chef, and on our return home I wasted no time in filling in there customer feedback form on there website. It promised me a reply within 7 days which did not happen, but just after that we had a letter in the post apologising and that they are due a re-fit soon and this is to be one of the areas to be improved. Also attached to the letter was £20 vouchers that we can use towards a meal in there restaurants.
There website states that they strive to provide good quality service areas for caravanners, but unfortuantely not at this one. I dont see why us caravanners should be any different to anyone else, and should stick up for our rights!
So, on that note if anyone else has had a similar experience, PLEASE complain about it!!!
Andrea

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
and when we stopped there we joined a queue to get in then got directed into an over flow car park!! SWMBO hopped out pretty smartish and I got instructions to park it!! we eventually got into a parallel two spaces in the middle but were over hanging both sides. The dowgs and children needed a comfort stop but we left pretty smartish. Just managed to get out after three people kindly moved their cars. Absolutely won't chance stopping there again!!!

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Aways thought Taunton Dean was a good place to stop for an overnight in their caravan area. Read the signs about fees and went in to buy a ticket to stay and sleep on the tarmac. Bad mistake...£19 to stay including a £10 voucher for a breakfast I didn't want...and no rest amongst the trucks with all the refrigeration compressors chugging away all night. Never again ..will find a C.L close to the Motorway and stay there.....any members reccommend one or two.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts