Sedona Tow Car, owners reviews please

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Am looking to replace our older (53 plate) Sedona with the newer model (56 plate)
However, our old one was a solid, reliable but basic old beast, but not sure on the newer ones.
Happy with the 2.9 engine, never going to win races or be the best mpg, but would like to hear about real owners reviews. We don't plan on this being an everyday car, just for towing the van and weekend use. (Bailey California S6 1500kgs)
Would like to hear about manual and auto options, we currently have the old 4 speed auto, which is ok, but can struggle to find the right gear at times and can be a little bit crude in gear changing.
thanks
Stuart

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi we've been towing with a 56 plate 2.9TS Auto for about 6 years now.
We love the car but as you're planning, ours is kept just for towing, but has a run out every week just to keep it's hand in so to speak.
At present we tow a Pegasus 524 1470Kg.
Effortless towing and manoeuvring (we don't have a mover), great for space, we can load the car with plenty of gear rather than the caravan.
Obviously only fly in the ointment is consumption on the auto, auto's 5 speed by the way and pretty good.
Also check it's software on the ECU on the auto gearbox if you opt for auto.
There was a glitch in the software updates, which only affected when towing, on some post 56 plate auto's which Kia corrected.
All in all like I've said love the car, really useful relaxed tower.

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Sedo, I had heard that some auto boxes had issues, and was tempted to steal clear, but I think I would miss the joy of not clutch pumping considering I drive around London everyday in a manual!
I noticed you have a TS and ask is there any rumours to the electrical nightmares with the electric rear doors?
Our current LE in comparison is sparce for gadgets, but then not always a bad thing.
Fuel consumption not really a worry as our struggles to hit 20mpg when towing, but they are big so no surprises there. There is certainly alot of car for the money and those sliding rear doors are such an excellent idea with kids, no more hassles in car parks! It's that alone that attracts me to the later generation model rather than shopping elsewhere.

Aug 23, 2006
Visit site
Yes great motor, grandchildren love it and we can stand on rear door platform area to put bikes on roof racks.
Like I've said we have had it for about 6 years and it's done coming up 37K.
Never heard the rumours about the powered doors but yes we had to have a new latching motor on the o/s rear and wait for it ...........................................nearly £300 at the dealers.
They had to put it on the system to check and find the fault.
Yup nearly £300 to get the door to latch again, saying that they're brilliant when it's raining or such and you can open them remotely at a distance so the children can just jump straight in.

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
£300 for a door latch. Heck I can live with that, my E320 was shocking prices, £380 for the boot catch, £300 for a door lock each time the silly spring broke and £1000 for the heater fan motor and that's all parts only prices! Will never own a Mercedes again due to their prices alone.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
I had a 06 Sedona automatic. Had no problems. Excellent vehicle. Swopped it for the 2.2 Manual which is brilliant. I tow a Coachman of 1580kg and I dont know I have it on theback. Cannot believe Kia have stopped making the Sedona. I have people knocking my door asking if I would sell. Not a chance

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Taff said:
I had a 06 Sedona automatic. Had no problems. Excellent vehicle. Swopped it for the 2.2 Manual which is brilliant. I tow a Coachman of 1580kg and I dont know I have it on theback. Cannot believe Kia have stopped making the Sedona. I have people knocking my door asking if I would sell. Not a chance

well we have finally found ourselves a decent one (we hope lol) 2007 TS with 40k on the clock. 1 owner with all the toys and in black. Have taken a 2 year extended warranty just in case, however the electric sliding doors that i was worried about , seem to be cheap and easy to fix if you know how.
We did ponder about the 2.2 but having just replaced the van this year, it would have been too much, especially as the Kia is not used during the week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts