self-operated breath test kit

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
We have read that self-operated breath test kits will be compulsary in France after 1st May 2012, can anyone recommend a suitable kit to satisfy the French authorities. Many thanks.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
No-one seems to have got that far yet in the UK, but I expect they'll be for sale at inflated prices at the ferryports and on the boats - like all the other Continental kit.
As soon as someone discovers a UK supplier at a sensible price no doubt they'll post it here!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Have another drink and try again!
smiley-laughing.gif

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - I've been looking into this and I've written an article on it in my column for the June 2012 issue. So far I've discovered these, which apparently conform with French legislation (the French drink-drive alcohol limit is lower than that in the UK) - worth stocking up on a pack before you go! It's worth noting that you don't need to carry a full-size breathalyser: my research suggests that one of these disposable types is fine.

http://www.alcosense.co.uk/alcosense-singles.html

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Have found this latest information relative to Breathlaysers in France:
The French government confirmed on 1 March 2012 that from 1 July 2012 the drivers of all motor vehicles and also motorcyclists (excluding mopeds) must carry a breathalyser.
This regulation will be enforced from 1 November 2012. Anyone stopped after this date who fails to produce a breathalyser when requested will receive an on the spot fine of €11.

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
The French police will 'probably' only warn drivers without the kit until the back end of the year.
They can be picked up for a few euros in French supermarket garages.
We are going to run the risk until we need to refuel or stock up on tucker.
Good hunting.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Breath test kit for alcohol? In France?...

It will need a good piece of kit to find any trace of alcohol when it will be so heavilly masked with garlic.

Brum (with tounge firmly in cheek)

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I never did understand what possible impact the carrying of UNUSED breathalysers could have on the drink-driving problem!
Common-sense and realism have finally forced their way to the surface.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts