Senator Series 5. Bathroom window

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
I have a Vermont on order and have noticed that the bathroom window on it is clear, as is the same window on the Arizona. I'm not sure about the larger models but it does seem odd that a clear window is fitted in the wall whilst the ceiling vent is opaque. I would appreciate comments and others thoughts on the matter and if anyone has come up with a method of making the window viewer proof please let me know. I know I could always pull the blind down. I have asked Bailey who said that customer demand for the extra light from a clear window was the reason. Seems strange to me as pulling the blind makes it darker. Doesn't it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This subject has been mentioned on other forums - a clear window in the bathroom would now be very much on my 'must have' for my next caravan!

Our Swift van also has a clear window - and I too was very apprehensive.

However, more often than not, we have found we are not overlooked at the rear of the van and it is so nice to be able to choose to view the scenery all around. I might add that the blinds which draw 'up' as opposed to down are also advantageous with a clear bathroom window, as you can draw them just enough without having to close them all the way.

Maybe like us, once you have tried a clear window, you would not want to swap?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i may be wrong here but have noticed that most rear washrooms have a clear window,and the side washrooms have an opaque window,why i do not know.prefer mine anyway, which is clear.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
The windows I am refering to are side windows all the New Series 5 have a large rear panel, except the Wyoming. I had a clear rear window in my last Senator but the window on the new van is directly behind the loo which looks out to the offside. So I cant look at the scenery!!

Thanks for the replies

Colin.

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
We are also awaiting the delivery of our new Series 5 Vermont & have noted the clear window behind the toilet...I can't see that this will be a problem for us especially with the blinds that pull up rather than down as you can pull them three quarters of the way up & still recieve light. Our currant van has also has an end washroom & has an opaque window in the shower cubicle & a clear window at the back of the 'van alongside the wash basin, the toilet being alongside the washbasin on the side wall so we always had to shut the blind down when using that room anyway, we often leave the flyscreen down as it acts like a net curtain. As Karen said it is nice to have a clear window at the back if you have lovely scenery around you....I know I will miss the window on the back wall that we have now but we will soon get used to it.

Aug 11, 2005
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is relevant to you all? but there is a material you can get that will neatly render a clear window 'opaque' if you are concerned about bathroom privacy.

It's a type of vinyl used in professional signwriting, its self adhesive and with a bit of care easily applied internally.

It comes in rolls at various widths and is usually cut in shapes to give the glass an 'etched effect'. Ive never used it for this purpose but would imagine it would make an ideal privacy covering without cutting too much light.

Stuart

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings Colin,

I think I was the instigator of the subject mentioned by Karen.

We took delivery of a Pagent Champagne in July and didn't notice prior to ordering it that the bathroom window was clear.

I wrote to Bailey negating every excuse they came up with as to their reasons for putting a non opaque window in. In our case the window is on the rear panel and they said that it was clear to facilitate observation through the caravan when on the move. Bunkum!. They are now fitting it to windows at the side in your case. Their reasoning as to allowing maximum light in just will not wash. It makes little difference to light levels whether the window is opaque or clear. What is clear is that when you wish to use the bathroom and have to pull down the blind then light levels REALLY WILL be affected.

As I said I wrote to Bailey and managed to get them to offer me an opaque window AT COST PRICE. Prior to finding out how much this was I got a price from my supplying dealer at

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Greetings Colin,

I think I was the instigator of the subject mentioned by Karen.

We took delivery of a Pagent Champagne in July and didn't notice prior to ordering it that the bathroom window was clear.

I wrote to Bailey negating every excuse they came up with as to their reasons for putting a non opaque window in. In our case the window is on the rear panel and they said that it was clear to facilitate observation through the caravan when on the move. Bunkum!. They are now fitting it to windows at the side in your case. Their reasoning as to allowing maximum light in just will not wash. It makes little difference to light levels whether the window is opaque or clear. What is clear is that when you wish to use the bathroom and have to pull down the blind then light levels REALLY WILL be affected.

As I said I wrote to Bailey and managed to get them to offer me an opaque window AT COST PRICE. Prior to finding out how much this was I got a price from my supplying dealer at

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
I have just taken delivery of a Senator Arizona which as stated by others came with a clear window immediately behind the toilet and my wie is convinced that the display model had an opaque window. In most situations the situation can be overcome by a combination of blind and flyscreen. It is a minor irritation but assume it is more about the simplification of the window stock in the assembly process rather than an absolute cost of component issue or any of the reasons that seem to have been given by Bailey.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alun I think you will find Bailey fitted clear windows to the early and display models,My Arizona has a opaque bath room window van was new in August but the dealers display van was clear. No problems with the water pump and it is quite.The Alko wheel lock is very secure and worth the time messing about fitting it Glenn.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts