Series 5 Ranger first service

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Fab and to all other series 5 Ranger owners , this is a follow on from the comments with regards to Damp Bailey Caravans

which failed in their first service.

I took delivery of my 460/4 in july last year and the van was due for its first sevice in July of this year.

Due to me having sustained a torn back mussel trying to sqeeze myself into my car parked to close to the garage wall,Had to cancel and rearange for August 20th.

In the meantime Alan brought up the Damp Bailey caravan problem, to which several people commented on their vans failing their first service.So taking the van for its service I was full of

anticipation as to what I might hear upon collection.

Pleased to inform you all that their was No Trace of any Damp being recorded.It was thorough examination, as I had to remove everything from inside all the internal lockers, and front external locker prior to delivering the van to the dealers.

I did have a failure on the white female socket, with regards to the earthing pin from the fridge supply , which was changed, also they checked the White socket on the car when i arrived

the centre eathing pin on that was badly corroded which I will change as soon as it stops raining.

My only moan with regards to the Van, is the fact that you do not get a light on your fridge Green on the 230 volt supply and Red on the 12 volt supply when connected to the car.

Probably never did get a circuit on the 12 volt suppy when traverling as I have no means of checking.

Royston

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston we got the 12S grey plug changed as well under warranty when we had the Senator serviced at NSCVNS .

This was a surprise as I hadn't spotted a problem and also because it was on my curly cable extension,the Bailey plug being out of sight under the A frame!

The no light on fridge is a joke

I fitted several red LEDs on the 12V and red neons on the 230V for myself and friends

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts