Serious ,Intelligent Question! No smut please.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We were building our house and my parents donated their old van so we could take a cheap holiday with our little kids.

Having been hit by an out of control car and van I was never going to tow one of the horrors of the road. Had changed my mind by the end of my first day with "our van" and life wouldn't be the same or as good without a caravan.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
When the youngest Son left home, we would not put the Dogs into Kennels while we went abroad, so we decided to buy a Caravan, so we could take the Dogs with us, which we have done for many Years, Hubby was not keen on oversea's Holidays so no problem there,Both my Son's live abroad, So I go to see them and Hubby stays home to look after the pooches, and everybody is Happy.

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
We have wanted a caravan for a good few years but hadnt got round to buying one, every year the same old story comes out 'shall we get a caravan' so this year we have decided to go for it and we are really exited. we are going up to the nec next week to have a look but we know the van that we want its a sterling eccles amethyst and i cant wait to order and get going with it. my mother used to own a caravan and we had some good memories in it, my little boy cant wait he is only 7 but so exited. thats all we talk about at the moment eat, sleep and dream bout them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

My wife and I camped for 14 years before and after the family came along. It was a good way of holidaying without it costing the earth.

The kids loved it.But one fateful August in Scotland in 1989 the temperatures fell to about 36F at night. We were putting the kids to bed at 7 just so they could get warm; we followed at 9. Enough was enough. The following Spring we bought our first `van, a 1981 Cosalt Piper 5 berth. Boy did we feel we were kings...off the floor,in a double bed, a heater, a fridge and cold water you pumped into the `van with your foot !!..........pure magic. Never looked back. Hope we`re still carvanning in 20 years time.

Pete & Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have wanted a caravan for a good few years but hadnt got round to buying one, every year the same old story comes out 'shall we get a caravan' so this year we have decided to go for it and we are really exited. we are going up to the nec next week to have a look but we know the van that we want its a sterling eccles amethyst and i cant wait to order and get going with it. my mother used to own a caravan and we had some good memories in it, my little boy cant wait he is only 7 but so exited. thats all we talk about at the moment eat, sleep and dream bout them.
It gets worse Moggie, wait till you actually go away in it. You can't sleep, you can't wait, it's like Christmas. In fact thinking about it, it's exactly like xmas, your pulling a cracker.......

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
We started camping with a frame tent, then upgraded to a trailer tent, & then last year we got absolutely soaked after a bad storm one night in Devon, so we decided there & then to get a caravan for this year. We now have a second hand Marauder & we`re going to Cornwall in July. My wife, two boys(8 & 5) & myself can`t wait.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We started camping with a frame tent, then upgraded to a trailer tent, & then last year we got absolutely soaked after a bad storm one night in Devon, so we decided there & then to get a caravan for this year. We now have a second hand Marauder & we`re going to Cornwall in July. My wife, two boys(8 & 5) & myself can`t wait.
I'm sure you'll love it.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
It was the day when our business started their holiday and asking where they were going and one said the The Lake district . This was 1963 following year July 1964 we had bought a Swift Alpine and Lake district was on followed by just about everywhere from Lands End to John agrotes. Five caravans nine motorhomes and still at it.

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well if nothing else, this spammer has brought back great memories for folks.
We are only into our 15th year, and 3 caravans. Last two years have been tough, lets hope we can all get back on the road or into permanant pitches. As Beacball would say, to each there own. 😅

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Clive
Goodness knows how our spamming friend found this old thread.
There are some good names of old members in it that bring back memories of the early forum days.
Not many familair names but Lord Braykewynde jumps out at you. How many others remember him? I wonder if the other old posters will get a notification email and may come back to the fold?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Brian St Albans was a regular contributor back in the day, we met him at the annual NEC caravan exhibition, he was a nice guy.
Lord B still ranks among the top five highest number of posters even though he no longer visits us, at one time he was always ready with a comment or a joke.
He and another forum member known as 'Giovanni' used to be involved in some very heated online discussions with each other.
Colin of Bridgend was the first forum member to welcome me to this forum, I'd been lurking for weeks trying to pluck up the courage to post an introduction before I finally took the plunge.
Back in those days this forum was administered by Ken Watson who wrote the original HTML programme.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Been caravanning for about 37 years and now on our seventh caravan. Both our parents had them so we did understand the advantages although the budget allowed only a tent at first, but the caravan soon arrived after a couple of years.
We have covered most of the UK mainland and France and a it of Spain in our time.

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi Brian,

We start on Monday morning ( April 12th), this is all new to us. We have had motorhomes for some time & loved the outdoor lifestyle, but in the last few years our two daughters have generously given us three beautiful grandchildren between them with another arriving in 10 days time (hopefully). We came to the conclusion a motorhome will never have enough space for little ones, so the motorhome was sold & last December we collected a 6 berth caravan, but for obvious reasons have not been out in it yet. So in answer to your question, space was the key factor for us & giving the grandchildren a little adventure in the outdoors.
So we're off on Monday morning not going very far, & to really test us we will have a 3 year old with us as well, I'm sure he will show us how to put the awning up as we have no instructions!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Silverwhiskers, you probably wouldn't know enough about this forum to know where to look for the date of the original posting by Brian St Albans, but you're replying to something that first appeared 15 years ago.
The only reason that this thread has been revived is because a spammer ( unauthorised advertising) necro posted in the hope that we wouldn't notice, and someone alerted me to it.
Before a 15 year old thread starts up again I'm going to lock it to prevent further replies.
If anybody wanted to add anything, start a new thread and keep this forum current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts