Service anniversaries.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We had our caravan booked in for service at the end of last month and had to cancel due to illness (severe flu) and rearranged for next week, two weeks on. As we cancelled, our service guy suggested contacting the manufacturer as it would be over 12 months (by two weeks) since the last service and would therefore possibly raise a problem with the water ingress warranty. Have to say I found this concerning and so I did write to Swift re the matter.

Our caravan was originally purchased in May and had two subsequent May services. Last year the service was in March as we would be away in May, so a 10 month gap. As we are servicing in April this year, although two weeks over the 12 months, its actually somewhat earlier than the purchase anniversary, so with this context, I wrote to Swift. The reply is interesting and my actually be of some use to forum members concerned about service intervals.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx

2013 Hi-Style 524 (ChallSp524) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting Swift regarding your query.

We allow up a timescale around the original purchase date anniversary each year, we allow between 90 days before and 60 days after this date in order to give owners time to have this completed.

As long as you are within this timescale there is no issue with this being completed, We only request that in your last year of warranty cover you have this completed within the 90 days before this anniversary.

Yours sincerely

Victoria Pexton
Customer Services Advisor

Certainly put my mind at rest but the piece about the final year is interesting. Hope this is of some benefit to you all.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This very pint was the subject or a recent thread on the forum, but thank you for posting Swifts take on the subject.

As ever the manufacturers warranty is a separate contract, and both Swift and the customer have agreed to abide by the the terms and conditions.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
We had our caravan booked in for service at the end of last month and had to cancel due to illness (severe flu) and rearranged for next week, two weeks on. As we cancelled, our service guy suggested contacting the manufacturer as it would be over 12 months (by two weeks) since the last service and would therefore possibly raise a problem with the water ingress warranty. Have to say I found this concerning and so I did write to Swift re the matter.

Our caravan was originally purchased in May and had two subsequent May services. Last year the service was in March as we would be away in May, so a 10 month gap. As we are servicing in April this year, although two weeks over the 12 months, its actually somewhat earlier than the purchase anniversary, so with this context, I wrote to Swift. The reply is interesting and my actually be of some use to forum members concerned about service intervals.

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx

2013 Hi-Style 524 (ChallSp524) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting Swift regarding your query.

We allow up a timescale around the original purchase date anniversary each year, we allow between 90 days before and 60 days after this date in order to give owners time to have this completed.

As long as you are within this timescale there is no issue with this being completed, We only request that in your last year of warranty cover you have this completed within the 90 days before this anniversary.

Yours sincerely

Victoria Pexton
Customer Services Advisor

Certainly put my mind at rest but the piece about the final year is interesting. Hope this is of some benefit to you all.

This subject was aired recently and your reply from Swift is very useful as it defines precisely the time windows that are required to keep your caravan within the damp ingress warranty. When I bought mine in January 2017 it had a 12 month pre owned insurance guarantee, so I serviced it in December 2017. This was before the actually Swift time window, so to keep it within the damp ingress warranty I am having it re-servieced in May 2018. But Swift were very good in accepting a problem with the van and authorising remedial work under the warranty.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
It is indeed good to know and when I recently telephoned the local dealer to book mine in for its first service, I was unsure as to whether they would manage to accommodate my request in time, as its first anniversary was very fast approaching. However, their assistant told me about Swifts 90 before / 60 after policy, and whilst thanking her for the information, I wasn’t convinced about this until looking further into it, but then found that it’s written very clearly in the service handbook.

I think that this is a very generous window within which the van must be serviced in order to comply with the warranty conditions, especially when I read on here just how frequent warranty claims are being made. So frequently in fact, I would have expected to find reference to very strict servicing deadlines stipulated within the small print.

Well done Swift, although I’ve no idea how this compares with the competition ?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Fistly, sorry guys, didnt realise it had already been covered. Just been back through the forum and found it.

Secondly, to answer Icaru, I think most manufacturers appear to have a similar window. Wonder how this reflects the car industry.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thingy said:
Fistly, sorry guys, didnt realise it had already been covered. Just been back through the forum and found it.

Secondly, to answer Icaru, I think most manufacturers appear to have a similar window. Wonder how this reflects the car industry.
No problem. The search engine on here isn't the best. Also with many new members coming on board please do not hesitate to ask anything even though it may have been covered before :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:

My last two cars have been 1000 miles or one month either side of registration date or due mileage but the final warranty service is 1000 miles before due mileage or 1 month before registration date fifth/third anniversary. So neither were difficult to arrange beforehand. AA I rarely reach service mileage it's easy to book an appointment well in advance.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm registered as the second owner of my van, with Swift, so I have the six year damp guarantee and the sixth service is due on the, first registered date, 11th August. Thanks for the heads up Thingy, will be booking the service before that date asap.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is important to check the wording of your warranty as the leeway varies with the maker. Our Lunar one simply says 60 days either side of the anniversary other than for the third and sixth which must be before the anniversary is reached. Other makes may have different figures.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts