Service light not turning off

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
First trip of the season and my service light over the battery compartment won’t switch of it has just been returned after a recall to check window seals and transported back down to Devon long way to return it to the company who did the work don’t want to be without van for summer as we payed for a seasonal pitch it’s still under warranty but not for much longer any suggestions please been thinking of getting some one local to the campsites to look at it

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I agree it's a long journey for what might be a simple job. A local caravan engineer should be able to sort it. Otherwise just remove the bulb, or disconnect the service light either at the switch or in its circuit, as after all it's not an essential feature and a torch could be your fall back.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Notify the company from whom you bought of the issue and advise them that you want to get it done locally, just in case there is a bigger problem.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Either notify the company where you got it and you want it done by a local caravan engineer he should be able to sort it good luck

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I guess you mean the offside light used for seeing to the water barrel at night.

It is likely the switch has stuck in the on position.

If you remove the switch housing you will be able to pull off one of the switch connectors. This will isolate the light.

You could then get a new switch at your leisure, it is easy to change yourself, or any competent fitter could do it.

Probably cheaper and more convenient than returning the van.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts