Service Stations

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi I will be travelling to Pitlochry on the 19th Aug from Bedfordshire and want to make two stops, does anyone know of any caravan/dog friendly service stations along the way? I have searched the site but have been unable to locate anthing like this, hope someone can help!

Lizzie

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi I have looked on 5minutesaway however it does not specify if the services are more suitable for caravans, I have travelled up and down motorways before but not all of the services are that great for a) parking and b)dogs. I did find a nice t service station on the way back from Scotland last time but forgot to note the name. When we travelled up before we were in parking which HGVs parked (not that they should) and cars parked and manouvering out was a nightmare due to non caravaners. Just hoping to avoid that this time.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Lizzie,

Have you worked out your route yet?

In Scotland Gretna services have a separate caravan parking area for approx 10 vans.....but sometimes lorries park up as well.Not much there for dogs though.

Annandale Services nearer to Lockerbie.....at the very back of the car parking area there are a few pull through spaces for caravans...but again cars often park there as well.This one has picnic tables and more room to exercise dogs in a landscaped part.

Apr 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lizzie,

once you are over the boarder and onto the m74 first services is Gretna, then you have johnstone bridge (annandale services) Lockerbie, then Cairnlodge Services (hapondon services) Douglas, then Hamilton Services, and last before turning off for pitlochry is Stirling Services. cairnlodge is a long service station which is set off the motorway on the b7078 a little way off motorway but not out of the way the rest is just at the side of the motorway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts