Service Stations

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The first week of July I shall be travelling from Manchester to Bosnia first time pulling caravan

When pulling into a service station both in England and Europe

do you head for the car signs or the lorry signs

please note I will be pulling a twin Axle 26 feet Approx

the reason i ask is I am worried if I follow the car signs might be tight for caravan but if I follow lorry signs then if a lorry can I should be able too

Please advise

John

May 18, 2010
Visit site
In Germany we always fill up at the Car side. You may find the Diesel Lorry side with a Larger Nozzle. Europeans are a lot more considerate to caravns than the UK and give you a wide berth

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We have never had a problem in service stations for fuel following car. But we usually try to fill up when we do not have 8 mwrew twin axle behind us.

When parking on these areas if no car + caravan sign go for Buses or Lorries.

I am not referring to France as we do not traveel with caravan there we go to Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg,Austria, Poland,Czech Republic, Hungary, Switzerland, Slovakia and Italy.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Theoretically one is not allowed to use lorry parking areas even when towing a caravan in Germany, but on the whole it is tolerated and the only complaints, if any, are from the lorry drivers not the police.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The problem with lorry filling pumps are that they have a much higher delivery rate and in some cases larger diameter nozzles which may be difficult for a modern car filler.

Although it takes time i would pull in, stop well short and then recconoiter on foot - this should be easy to do at motorway type areas.

If you use supermarkets in France, aim for the 24/24 car pumps which are pay at the pump and usually have much easier access than the pay at the kiosk pumps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts