Servicing on the drive.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
My qualified engineer does it on my driveway. He has all the correct lifting equipment and does not need a ramp. Cost £200 including four one shot hub nuts. Takes him nearly 4 hours. He always makes me watch him torquing up the wheel nuts. Servicing at home saves all the bother of a double tow to the dealer. Allows him to point out any issues without me breathing down his neck.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Interesting conundrum. If, when self isolating, we feel the need to cancel our annual services, will the manufacturers take this into account with compliance to warranty terms?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Interesting conundrum. If, when self isolating, we feel the need to cancel our annual services, will the manufacturers take this into account with compliance to warranty terms?
That’s an interesting one. Especially as the warranties have specific time windows too. The makers will have a dilemma as they were already feeling the pinch before the virus and their need to retain customer goodwill and loyalty.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just had my service done with a mobile fitter and I have a full. workshop report, gas. and damp reports and two wheel nuts off the caravan,
I'm sitting at home now, and thought it would be a good idea to tidy my garage Help! I've found four sets of these nuts in different draws, why I've kept them, I don't know. Trip down the tip, when I can.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is the latest information I have:

From Bailey:
Good Morning

Bailey's usual requirement is that caravans are serviced 6 weeks either side of the original purchase date

They have now extended that to 8 weeks either side for 2020.

The situation will be monitored as things progress.
Regards

From Swift: All that we can advise now is to have your service carried out when you feel it is safe for you to do so and this will not affect your warranty. If you cannot have your service done due to the current outbreak of Corona Virus in the UK please let us know via email

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Latest Update from Bailey:

Further to the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the increase in confirmed cases in the UK, we have updated our policy in regards to 2020 annual servicing on all Bailey leisure vehicles.

It is our business policy to do everything within our control to limit the potential spread of the coronavirus and manage the risk associated with it. Given consideration that the coronavirus is likely to continue to affect the UK for several months Bailey of Bristol will accommodate a four month extension to the 2020 annual service due date.

This is intended to ease concerns with our customer base and will be subject to regular review and possible future change in response to guidance from the HM Government and UK health authorities.

Further to the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the increase in confirmed cases in the UK, we have updated our policy in regards to 2020 annual servicing on all Bailey leisure vehicles.

It is our business policy to do everything within our control to limit the potential spread of the coronavirus and manage the risk associated with it. Given consideration that the coronavirus is likely to continue to affect the UK for several months Bailey of Bristol will accommodate a four month extension to the 2020 annual service due date.

This is intended to ease concerns with our customer base and will be subject to regular review and possible future change in response to guidance from the HM Government and UK health authorities.

Please will you provide a VIN number so we can put a note on our warranty system against the VIN of your Bailey leisure vehicle stating that you have contacted us about this matter and what we have advised you at this time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts