Servicing on the drive.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Our last service we had done on the drive, and this years is booked to be the same. Just wondering though is a driveway service as good as a workshop service or are some things likely to be missed/ignored on the drive.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Just had my service done with a mobile fitter and I have a full. workshop report, gas. and damp reports and two wheel nuts off the caravan,

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I assume you mean your drive at home and if so the big advantagei would think is that you can pay attention to exactly what is being done and ask questions if you feel something has not been done.
BP

B

Beachball2

I always take mine to a caravan dealer it cost for a Full Service & Damp Check £95

B

Beachball2

Yes and couple of years ago before we pack up because of my illhealth it was £85
He use to work for a caravan dealer and he set up his own business I have known him now going on twenty years ,
When we decided to go back into caravanning I sent him photos because this caravan was not in a great condition I would have rated it 2/10 but now after the work it had done 9/10
Any work needed for the caravan it goes there
it having a service in April and he ordered me a new Sky Light Blind for the Heki

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just had mine seviced last Thursday, £200 , same price last year. NCC rated. I mark my wheel Nuts. give it another couple of years and I will do it all myself as it will be 10 years old and when I sell it I will get an NCC rated guy to service it.
Sorry don't do it on the drive as it is too steep, so do it at storage site.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Cost for me on drive is 185 inc. Same firm at workshop is 175. Cost me more than the tenner in fuel to take it there. Been using this firm for years. One of those that always goes the extra mile.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I realy try to keep away from the pèrson that doing the job, but do look at my brake drums and shoes, so i know to my own satisfaction, they are ok.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I actually like owners to watch everything and anything they want to when servicing their van, and ask as many questions as they like.
The van is their property and they are putting their trust in me to ensure they are as safe as possible, and I owe it to them to do the very best I can .

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I actually like owners to watch everything and anything they want to when servicing their van, and ask as many questions as they like.
The van is their property and they are putting their trust in me to ensure they are as safe as possible, and I owe it to them to do the very best I can .
The person who serviced my caravan last week worked for a main caravan dealer before going solo, last year 2019 she won the local young entrepreneur of the year,

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Had our caravan done couple of years ago on drive and it was after he left that I looked at the sheet and found the road lights not checked. Rang him and was told your caravan was wrong way round so my test lead was not long enough to reach. If he had told me, it was no problem to turn it round. Will not use him again.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had our caravan done couple of years ago on drive and it was after he left that I looked at the sheet and found the road lights not checked. Rang him and was told your caravan was wrong way round so my test lead was not long enough to reach. If he had told me, it was no problem to turn it round. Will not use him again.

If he was a NCC Approved Workshop Engineer you should report him to the AWS .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As I think you know i have engineering background, and unless training someone don't like to be watched whilst working, but i can understand your attitude to your customers. Which is admirable.

Reactions: Damian

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think I know who you are referring to, and it comes as no surprise what happened to you.
Unfortunately there is no recourse of worth with them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we was Seasonal and a mobile fitter came out to the site where the twin axle was I thought that was great he came with his list and check everything also check it for damp and that pass with flying colours .
Now we have a Touring Caravan last service it went through with flying colours at Premier Caravans they are brilliant

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This is all very interesting but what has it got to do with caravan servicing on the drive?
I've moved the previous posts which were on the wrong message board to the What Crisis thread.
Please check which thread you are replying to before submitting posts.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing in the service schedule that cannot be done on the drive, provided you have room for the engineer to access all of the exterior. I do wonder though if in bad weather bits can be rushed.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I have my approved workshop engineer coming next Wednesday to fit a new window rubber surround, Damien it's a side lounge window how long should the job take, please

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have my approved workshop engineer coming next Wednesday to fit a new window rubber surround, Damien it's a side lounge window how long should the job take, please

It is always difficult to give a definite time, it depends what problems, if any he encounters.
Most times the staples have corroded and it takes quite a while to remove all the bits.
Again, depending on the size of the window tends to dictate the time.
I would expect as a very rough estimate that it may take up to 4 hours or so.

Reactions: camel

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I do wonder though if in bad weather bits can be rushed.

The weather should not present too much of a problem ,as long as it is not really bad, in which case I reschedule for another day.
If its just a moderate bad, like light rain or similar, I have a canopy that slips into the awning rail to protect me and the area I am working in, and the equipment I am using.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts