setthorns hampshire

Apr 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi folks can anyone tell me the easiest way to get to Setthorns

in Hampshire from Colchester in Essex.After the AA route-finder sent us on mystery tour through narrow twisting roads to Derbyshire i will no longer take note of them.Many thanks Mark.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark, I live in Dorset and go to Colchester regularly for work. The best route I have found is: A12 / M25 clockwise over QE Bridge, M25 Junction 12 M3 / M

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark

I to live in Colchester and the route described by Ray, I have used often, Sunday is far the best day to travel Towing.

Best of luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Setthorns is one of our favorite sites and we visit it 4 or 5 times a tear from Essex. Directions as above when you leave the M3 you should take the M27 West bound. Exit M27 at junction 1, take 1st exit at end of slip road then turn right at next roundabout to Lyndhurst. In Lyndhurst follow the oneway stem (no problems with a caravan) and take the A35 West bound for Christchurch. In approx 7 miles you go over an old railway bridge and immediatley will see a sign for Setthorns , turn left here, then at next T junction turn right.Keep going straight on and up a hill where you will see a signpost for site, turn right then right again and site is approx 0.5 miles on the right.

For stops we tend to stop at Hook services as there is plenty of parking.

We usualy look far a pitch at the Pine Tops part of the park as it is in the woodland area with individual pitches (TV reception good).

Hope you have a good stay.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We always go round the north side of the M25 Anti clockwise, havent had much problems with the M25 roadworks , it usualy keeps moving. Select pitches are nice, slightly larger. have also seen deer on the site in the evening ocaionally.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts