Setting up free sat

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
First time I have had the chance to set up my freesat system because everywhere I have been there have been trees in the way.. So the tv is in standby Iand i have aligned the dish at 28 degrees East of South, I connected the sat dish to the sat finder meter via a short cable then from the sat meter I connected the cable to the back of the freesat box the a SCART cable was connected between the sat box and the tv, I went to the sat meter and from what I have read it should be lit up, no response , what should be happening next.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Dusty, thanks sir the reply but thinking back what I did wrong was not connecting the power to the freesat box, I'll have another go today,

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Dusty, managed to set up the dish not a problem,
But what modes do the TV and freesat box have to be in , I have a red standby light showing on the freesat box and I have had the TV in standby mode Also just showing BBC1 still picture, what do i need to do to this up and running. Regards Camel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Camel,
How have you wired the box to the tv?
Scart, hdml, or whatever? Basically you tune the signal source of your tv to the box one . So for me it’s hdml. Hope that helps.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Dusty,
Just been to see my neighbour across the road who is the sat engineer and he put me on to this app 'Satellite Director' just down loaded it to my phone, think I might have saved myself £60 on a new sat finder,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve got that Camel but it doesn’t actually read what the dish is seeing. More of a pointer. But if it works for you use it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The app assumes your phone is charged and getting a signal. It’s more an updated version of what we first did when using our sat. I found websites that you could input your location and they would give you bearing and elevation showing a line to the satellite. If course in those days phones were distinctly un smart so it was all done on the PC and printed to accompany us when away. The satellite finders as shown in the links from Dustdog and Grey13 really do make it a doddle especially when in foreign lands.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Dusty,
Waiting for my Sat Meter to arrive I settled for the SF 500 which is £60.00 worth, after reading the write up about it that's the one I went for,

Regards Camel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Camel,
You will not be disappointed. Both I and Sproket use them. Sooooo eeeeeeasy.
Don’t forget to make up a length of sat quality co ax cable for connection to the meter. Set the dish up with the meter before connection to the sat box. I fully charge the meter the night before use. It has it’s own power supply B)
Enjoy. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts