Sevilla to Marbella - best route?

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
In late March we will move on from Sevilla to Camping Marbella Playa, some 10km E of Marbella. Looking at the map (and using ViaMichelin), there is little in it between using:-

a) the AP4 towards Cadiz then A381 to Algeciras and AP7 to Marbella and

b) the A92/A45 to Malaga then AP7 to Marbella.

Decisions, decisions...........anyone used either of those routes?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We took a 3rd alternative, the direct route using the A376/A374/A397 via Utrera and Ronda, staying in Ronda on the way because it's such a pretty place, well worth seeing.

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Graham in that the route from Sevilla to Malaga via Antequera is very good. It should take no more than about 30 - 40 mins from Malaga to your campsite. I can also confirm that the road from Algeciras is excellent, mostly motorway with some tolls. A word of caution re the route via Ronda, you travel over quite a high mountain pass and it's extremely winding. Could be hard work if towing.

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I did look at the Ronda route mentioned by Lutz and even in my Michelin 1:400,000 road atlas the stretch between the coast and Ronda looks extremely winding. I had not considered that particular route partly because of that and partly as we will explore Ronda and area on day trips from Marbella.

Just month now until departing for Bilbao :)

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The road between Ronda and Marbella is winding, yes, but quite manageable and the El Sur campsite in Ronda is quite nice, too. It's within walking distance of the town centre, so very convenient for sightseeing. We stayed 2 nights on our way through.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts