sewing machine repairs

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
I am looking for a book on repairing a Toyota Sewing machine, I have tried the library, no good so you are my last resort. Thanks Allan

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allan

I typed in "toyota sewing machine repairs" in the search engine and got quite a few results.

Depends what's wrong with it, have you tried contacting toyota direct?

Hope this helps

Lolly x

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I seem to remeber in the jobs thread on here there is a sewing machine engineer!

Try searching for Bogod (sewing machine spares}in wales I think, or try Wimbledon Sewing Machines London.

Search American web sites, I found 1970's Elna sewing machine spares and manual available from the states and also a web site that had Manuals you can download for a small fee for loads of different machines. It was early last year and I don't have the link anymore.

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
Allan,

what is your machine doing/notdoing

maybe I can help.

Tony A
Hi Tony A. The stiching is looping on the underside, I have tride adjusting the tension top and bottom but no good,I might be wrong but I think the timing is out, While I was sewing the machine siezed, I think through lack of oil so oiled it and got it running again and now the problem. I hope you can help, By the way the machine is a Toyota 4500. Allan

May 12, 2005
Visit site
hello alan,

if the neddle/rotary hook timing was out it wouldn`t make a stich, looping underneath is `top tension to slack or botton tensoin to tight, tensoin on both top and bottom should be equal so that the threads cross in between the two pieces of cloth being sewn,

take out the bobbin, hold the thread and let the bobbin hang on the thread, when tension is correct the bobbin should just hold its own weight without dropping,but should drop a little when shook /jiggled, so tighten or slacken bobbin tension unil this is the case.

Top tension is a bit more of a guessing game but with bobbin tension set you should be able to sort it, hope that helps mate good luck TONY A.

Aug 29, 2005
Visit site
hello alan,

if the neddle/rotary hook timing was out it wouldn`t make a stich, looping underneath is `top tension to slack or botton tensoin to tight, tensoin on both top and bottom should be equal so that the threads cross in between the two pieces of cloth being sewn,

take out the bobbin, hold the thread and let the bobbin hang on the thread, when tension is correct the bobbin should just hold its own weight without dropping,but should drop a little when shook /jiggled, so tighten or slacken bobbin tension unil this is the case.

Top tension is a bit more of a guessing game but with bobbin tension set you should be able to sort it, hope that helps mate good luck TONY A.
Hello Tony A Tried your sugestion but it didnt help so I cotacted sewing machine repair man,I know I should have done that before but didnt want to pay for a repair if I could fix it myself, any way he was very good and sugested I had over oiled the shuttle, so I dried it all off and it worked.So thank you for trying to help me. Allan

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tony A Tried your sugestion but it didnt help so I cotacted sewing machine repair man,I know I should have done that before but didnt want to pay for a repair if I could fix it myself, any way he was very good and sugested I had over oiled the shuttle, so I dried it all off and it worked.So thank you for trying to help me. Allan
thats a new one on me but i allways was tight with the oil,

i`ll file for future use, thanks Tony A

TRENDING THREADS