She’s here.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Regarding the mover. Fundamental mistake is to only use one button when turning. If we need to turn sharply moving forward, I also stab at the back button diagonally opposite. For example you are turning right, you are pressing the turn right button which activates the one mover on the nearside but by pressing the rear button diagonally opposite, the rear offside motor turns in reverse. This does prevent bad scrubbing but does not eliminate it altogether. Best is to do movement back and forward while pressing diagonally opposite buttons.
As for jack, we are members of Mayday so if we have a puncture they will come and change the wheel on the caravan so no need for a jack.
If you need a jack to fit the ALKO locks or level the caravan invest in a Lock n Level twin bag.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Happy days mate 👍

Just a wee idea for you, i got my mate to cut me a stainless plate from his work and i use it on softer ground to spread the weight from the bottle jack.

Even some hard standing pitchs i have used have been a bit softer than the norm.

😁

Reactions: WayneS and JezzerB
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have always wondered why mover manufacturers don’t incorporate a jacking points into their products, single or twin axles. But perhaps they have and it’s not practical.

Just a thought.

John

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have fitted a Kojack bottle jack to my van. Only problem fitting a wheel on it did not lift the van high enough to fit the wheel back on ( new tire ), so will have to either use one of the wooden ramps used for levelling or make a new one specially for it.

Trevor

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have fitted a Kojack bottle jack to my van. Only problem fitting a wheel on it did not lift the van high enough to fit the wheel back on ( new tire ), so will have to either use one of the wooden ramps used for levelling or make a new one specially for it.

Trevor

Did you twist the 1st section out before using the hydraulics?

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Happy days mate 👍

Just a wee idea for you, i got my mate to cut me a stainless plate from his work and i use it on softer ground to spread the weight from the bottle jack.

Even some hard standing pitchs i have used have been a bit softer than the norm.

😁
I used a hard polyethylene food preparation board to place my side lift jack on.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I used a hard polyethylene food preparation board to place my side lift jack on.
Good call and very light weight 👍

At my storage facility i use an even bigger stainless section but that stays permanently on the hard-core.

The bigger section stays put and saves me adjusting every time i return the van to storage .👍😜.

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi John never thought of that used to have a bottle jack on my old Disco found it better than a trolley one. Still need a piece of wood under it especially soft ground.

Trevor

TRENDING THREADS