Shipping Length

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Could anyone tell me if the A frame is included when

measuring the caravan for shipping length Ferry company

Requirement I have no information in my handbook or should I measure O/A car and caravan together whilst coupled up

Ron..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Ron. Yes, the shipping length of the caravan is the overall length(incl drawbar).Usually you have to quote the o/h length of car as well,and the ferry company adds them together.You will also need to quote the height of both when booking.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Ron, the shipping length of your caravan is the total length,(hitchhead to rear light) of your van. Ring the ferry company and clarify what they want, i.e total length of the outfit or caravan only shipping length.

A handy way to get and keep the dimensions of your caravan is to get a sales brochure for your particular make and model from the supplying dealer (if you can) and cut out the bit with the dimensions on it. Paste it onto a bit of card and stick it in your wallet (I keep mine in with my driving licence and insurance)all the best, Barney.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
its from the tip of the hitch to the outermost back edge of the van; viz light cluster or grab handle or cycle rack. its found in the hand book. under 'shipping length'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes to all the above. why don't the makers understand this and go for 7.0m rather than 7.1 which would be easy to do and could save us around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts