Shock Absorbers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone know the pro and cons of fitting shock absorbers to a twin axle caravan with a AL-KO chassis/euro axle?

I understand these are factory fitted as a matter of course for the European export market.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the Alko website they say for a twin axle you will need 2 sets!!

They are very easy to fit to the Euro axle.

Have a look at:

www.al-ko/Downloads/shocks2004.pdf

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On the Alko website they say for a twin axle you will need 2 sets!!

They are very easy to fit to the Euro axle.

Have a look at:

www.al-ko/Downloads/shocks2004.pdf
Sorry that link doesn't work

Try www.al-ko.co.uk

Look under caravans/shock absorbers

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There are only pros and no cons in fitting shock absorbers. In fact, their presence is one of the conditions that must be fulfilled if you want to tow at 100kph in Germany.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have decided to have the shockers fitted at the dealers as its a new 2006 twin axle van which I should take delivery of at the end of January.Please don't think I'm being picky Cris but I think carriage and handling applies on top of the figure you quoted.

Regards Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have decided to have the shockers fitted at the dealers as its a new 2006 twin axle van which I should take delivery of at the end of January.Please don't think I'm being picky Cris but I think carriage and handling applies on top of the figure you quoted.

Regards Jim
That's what it says on Alko website.

V A T is included but carriage is not

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site

Regards Jim
Hunble appologies, Spec savers were repairing my varifocals. Inclusiove of Vat, Cariage and handling EXCLUDED. Still a bargain in my book!

TRENDING THREADS